Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 7.5' B&M Crappie Wizard pole...too stiff???

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7.5' B&M Crappie Wizard pole...too stiff???

Hey guys i just received a 7.5' B&M crappie pole that I had ordered online. This is my first one and never got to hold one in my hand before now...it seems mighty stiff to me. It's actually stiffer than some medium action bass spinning rods that i have. I usually like a more moderate action for my crappie fishing rods. How do you guys like this rod? I had planned to use it for float and jig fishing, and some slip bobber with minnow fishing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
    Hey guys i just received a 7.5' B&M crappie pole that I had ordered online. This is my first one and never got to hold one in my hand before now...it seems mighty stiff to me. It's actually stiffer than some medium action bass spinning rods that i have. I usually like a more moderate action for my crappie fishing rods. How do you guys like this rod? I had planned to use it for float and jig fishing, and some slip bobber with minnow fishing.
    Jimmy ... it's probably stiffer feeling because it's IM7 graphite. But, for the purposes you intend to use it for, it should be a good rod. Using a float/jig or slipfloat/minner at any distance usually requires the rod to be a little stiffer .... so that it doesn't require a huge effort for a hookset like when using a rod that's lighter in action & has a parabolic bend.
    Likes JimmyCricket LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a great rod for float and jig fishing.....its just a little stiffer to help with the hook set. It will also help you get the fish away from the brush quicker before he gets hung up. I think after you use it awhile you will really like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes JimmyCricket, floatntiny LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's not as bad as it feels, I use one to cast a float and jig early in the year. I thought the same as you, until I used it.

Sent from my Z983 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love mine for deep water perch fishing on lak Erie. The stiffness lets me use a bigger weight to get down to forty feet or more, quicker. It’s so sensitive, I can feel light bites better than any other rods I have. I use braided line on it too. I like the twelve foot model for my crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking this rod would work well for white perch, I like a stiffer rod for that, I use a 3/4 bell sinker or spoon on the bottom of double rig, and often catch more than one fish at a time. Thanks for posting.