Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunglasses with readers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunglasses with readers

I was thinking about getting some sunglasses with readers and wanted to see if anyone was using them? I would like to know what kind and how they are working out . Thanks in advance for input.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used those from Walmart. They work fine till the plastic lenses get scratched which doesn't take long.
    I'd like to get some with glass lenses.

tlefire is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Wal-Mart here too.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got progressives from the Dr and it works fine. I leave my regular glasses in the trucks so they don't fall out of my pocket.

Post Thanks / Like

I seemed to have posted this 2 times, sorry but still looking for advice. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

They are about the most valuable fishing tool I got now.I just get them at Walmart in the fishing section....use them at work too. Made my life a whole lot easier. If I take off sunglasses to put on readers then the glare about blinds you while your pupils adjust. With the sunglasses with readers it's like being 30 years younger LOL. The good thing is the sunglasses have a pretty big lens and that puts the bifocal line below your regular line of sight. I hate it if its too high on a lens. I have a pair on or on my hat everyday unless it's cloudy and even then use them some. Too many years on the water without them has caused me to have more sensitivity to bright light. Optometrist have told me I have some damage from to much sun.
    Likes steve64116 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I got my first pair of sunglasses through the V.A. and seeing's how I need bi-focals they put them in too...makes a world of difference for sure. Constantly leaving the clear lens in the truck when I go into ahardly notice till I go to read the fine print on something...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pair of Maui Jims with readers and love them. Expensive, $$$ but great!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

As most of you already know most of the Optical Centers such as Lens Crafters are very high, I purchased a pair of Oakley Frames from E Bay, then sent the glasses off to have a pair of progressive polarized lenses from a place called Replace a Lens, They did an outstanding job, as you know progressive polarized are expensive, but you can get bi-focals. Just make sure you have a current prescription. The cheapest I found locally for progressive polarized lenses only was 330.00, I paid a total of 342 for Oakley Frame and Progressive Polarized Lenses. Cant fish without them.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have a pair of Maui Jims with readers.....Like Fesh says, they are high, but I do love mine as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast