Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: taylorsville lake 6/2/04

Post Thanks / Like

Question taylorsville lake 6/2/04

When will the lake be fishable? I saw today it was 20' above summer pool and still rising. I will be going down next weekend, maybe?
    Thanks,
    Bassky

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I doubt it .........

If T-ville is 20ft above Summer Pool - it would take a week or two, or longer, of no additional rains, before it was back to anywhere near "normal" levels. Go to this website - http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/res...plots/tvl.html - you will see two charts - top chart shows the water level of the lake ... bottom chart shows how fast the water is being released. Underneath the bottom chart you will notice the months of the year marked off - and each (.) dot running across the grid represents a week. That should give you some indication of how long it takes, even at full throttle (about 2500cfs), to drop the lake level down a few feet. (Currently it's only being released at a little over 500cfs) And being a flood control lake - it's not going to be released at "wide open" as long as the creeks/rivers in the area are still high.

Do you Crappie fish Taylorsville ... or Bass fish it (or both) ? I usually fish for Crappie there, for the most part .... Bass fish it at night during the Summer heat, or fish for the Hybrid Stripers/White Bass (when everything else is slow).
    All our central KY lakes are out of their banks, and will probably take a week or so to settle back down. About the only lake in the area, that I know of, that is not "flooded" ... is Cedar Creek. I expect it will see a big increase in fishing pressure over the the next couple of weeks.
    If you go anywhere - post us a report ...........luck2ya ........cp