HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update.

Went to see the hand surgeon for a 9 month checkup,After several strength and dexterity test,he gave me a thumbs down on any further recovery.The conclusion is,I have gained no more use of the hand than pre surgery,but the deterioration of the muscle tissue has stopped.
    The period between injury and surgery had destroyed enough nerves that the hand will not recover,to sum it up,the doc estimated 50% use of the hand.Let me say one more time,DO NOT HOLD WHATEVER YOU ARE DRILLING IN ONE HAND WHILE DRILLING WITH THE OTHER!
    Thanks timd3200 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I hate that for you Yaker. But I get the feeling that you can do more with 50% of your hand than 50% of people can do with 100% of their hand. Best of luck to you pulling them crappie in.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Post Thanks / Like

I too hate to hear this diagnosis. Adapting to the circumstances is the difference between the strong and weak. You definitely sound like the strong type. Keep doing what you’re doing.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes silverside, skeetbum LIKED above post

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad news but keep your head up. The key word is adapt. I have learned that from adapting to having only 25% usage of my heart. Yes it sucks but knowing your limits allows you to still pursue the things you enjoy. You just do it differently Update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your prognosis. And Thank you for your sage advice! Can't tell you how many close calls I've in my life, but some things I got away with was down right luck.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear your prognosis. I know you were hoping for better news. I am gonna bet that while hoping for more, you will take those lemons and make lemonade. Prayers sent
    If you were on trial for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you??

Former Navy Corpsman

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that, but don't give up. A friend of mine had a car wreak and broke his back and the doctors told him he would never walk again. He told them BS. A year later he walked back into the doctor's office and told him " I told you so."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys,I'm certainly not letting it get the best of me,I just hope others learn from my mistake.
    Likes RMGeorge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I will certainly be more careful.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear. I too will certainly be more careful.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast