Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: maps for gps

Post Thanks / Like

Question maps for gps

morning all! I've Got a new GPS ordered But the Hot maps chip does not have watterree on the list of maps. any idea where to git a better chip{mem card} or a web site to load them from? any help will be greatly appretiated. Good fishin to ya and stay warm!

Post Thanks / Like

i have the hot maps program and i was suprised to see there was nothing for wateree. Looks like as much fishing that goes on down there, theyd have added that lake to the setup to.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

what type of GPS do you have?

Not because I can fix your problem, but because I was thinking of getting one in the near future....wanted your opinions....and how much is the lake software??
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

gaboy, i have the lowrance x16mt with mapping and gps cababilities. i bought the map create 6 by lowrance but then i got the navionics hot map chip for my area. It was about 130 bucks, which covers about three or four states lakes. i was suprised it dint cover wateree, but it dont. If i had it to do over, id have forgotten about the navionics cause i dont fish that many different lakes. if you traveling a lot and fishing a lot of different lakes, id think it would be a great help, and a dozen maps bought would pay for the program. but i dont fish but three or four lakes and already had maps of the lakes so i dint really need all that info on the navionics cause the maps had the info on them. the map create 6 program will cover any body of water in the us and is all i needed.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

That is great info.....I just talked to my partner not even 10 minutes ago and he is on the phone with BassPro right now buying the Magellen Gold, we are gonna try it first without the lake software and mostly use it to save hotspots, etc....but, if we decide we want the software later we can always get it and the additional SD card if necessary....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>