Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie education from a guide?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie education from a guide?

Just curious what You’ve learned from a guided crappie fishing trip that really seemed to make a difference slow trolling? My fishing buddy and I always discuss hiring a guide and see what they do differently than we already do when it comes to spider rigging. I know it can sometimes be a subtle thing that can make a big difference and I guess those suggestions are what I’m looking for. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

My experience with a guide is what got me started crappie fishing. ( I would never put a crappie in my boat unless it hit a bass bait)He was retired due to health issues. A friend as well. He taught me head weights depths they run at certain trolling speeds, how to operate my lowrance correctly ,set up my boat trolling rod holders. He gave me tips on fish locations as the spring comes on. How to fish brush piles when long line trolling, how to fellowship eat snacks and enjoy my day. End of the trip I would get out of the boat refreshed and never tired from chunking and winding.lol
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)
    Likes M R Dux, Retired2Fish, styker16, captdave LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I went with a guide from another state to get crank pulling experience.What I learned about boat setup and technique was well worth it.When I got back home it wasn't long and I was catching fish on my home lake.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know nothing about a guide as I have never had a guided trip. But learning all you can about the crappie and how to read and know what you are seeing on a good quality sonar is worth it's weight in gold. They are some very good guides here on Crappie.com that can save you a lot of time teaching you this also.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I think how to rig for various conditions . How guides are more contour line savoy than most weekend warriors .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Don't know nothing about a guide as I have never had a guided trip. But learning all you can about the crappie and how to read and know what you are seeing on a good quality sonar is worth it's weight in gold. They are some very good guides here on Crappie.com that can save you a lot of time teaching you this also.
    Agree

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got a guide lined out for Friday, so hope you all are right!