Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best soft plastic bait

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best soft plastic bait

What are your best go to colors
    and bait?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Central Florida. There isn't any one bait that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Some days they fish want bright colors and a curl tail and the next day they want muted, natural colors and a somewhat no motion tail. A few of the colors I keep in the box is black/chartreuse, albino, blue ice or opening night(both very close), Monkey milk, and bluegrass. I use Bobby Garland Baby Shad (BGBS) a lot and these colors are from their line up. Curl tails work well for long line trolling and the ones I like best are southern pro hot grubs. Thin tail and lots of action, thicker tails just don't move right to me. Acid rain is one that is always in the spread, along with popsicle. Local favorites differ from here to there so just try a few colors and see what they go for. Have fun and welcome to the addiction, the road is long............Skeet
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

These. Welcome from Alabama.

Name:  Favorite Kures.jpg
Views: 2108
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  AWESOME STINGER.jpg
Views: 1660
Size:  32.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to colors - Pink ... Blue/Chartreuse ... Purple/Chartreuse ... Green/Chartreuse

Go to baits - Tubes (Crappie Thunder) ... Stinger Shad (Slabanator Shad) - all on 1/32 & 1/16oz weedless jighead (Y-guard style)
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

A very loaded question that will lead you to buy every style, in every color available!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes Alphahawk, Slabprowler LIKED above post

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    A very loaded question that will lead you to buy every style, in every color available!
    Truer words were never spoken. A.m colors are different from p.m. colors which are different from an evening out color. Oh... never-mind. I forgot to ask you, the north side, south side, west, east??? It does matter.
    Likes ET Fish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

On any given day, it will be the ones that I decided to leave at home since they hadn't caught much lately.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes shipahoy41, hobo, Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have just started using Bonehead tackle baits in natural colors as well as chart/ black, chart/white, chart/red, chart/orange
    they have a variety of types and all are a great baits. I like the stump bug the best.

Post Thanks / Like

There are no best colors, just best lure designs. Every lure in shipahoy's photo catch fish galore and in every color shown. It's not about color, but about lure design-produced action and lure profile that gets them every outing.

Get some Crappie Magnet grubs for a start and experience the magic! (Close your eyes and pick a color, any color - they all work.)

These are just a few I always carry:

Post Thanks / Like

My go to that will always be in the lineup on AT LEAST 1 rod is a kalin grub in wildcat. With a blue head of course