HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JIG COLORS

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default JIG COLORS

Everyone has favorites to use in clear,stained and muddy conditions . I never seem to catch much if any on pink or orange . Would someone who does share conditions. I bet I have never caught 10 fish on electric chicken . Thought about tossing that color scheme . Your thoughts ?
    Likes 1187mg LIKED above post
    Thanks Possum01 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It’s in my top five. I can’t tell you why based on water color, etc. i am speaking on Electric Chicken. I would say, most effective on sunny days. Move up in the rotation during summer dock shooting.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes strmwalker, zig zag LIKED above post
    Thanks DRFISHDUCK thanked you for this post

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2 colors I've had the most success with this year in muddy conditions are Orange/ Chartruse Southern pro grub and a 3 " Mr. Twister grub with a Brown body and Orange tail.

Post Thanks / Like

Big tube black pink if muddy

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Likes trypman1, crappiejigger LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually just use two colors of soft plastics for all conditions ......Orange and chartreuse and purple and chartreuse
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Black and pink or Blue and pink for me. I have a lot of success with black and pearl also, in muddy water.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use solid Pink Road Runners .... lightly stained to moderately stained water ... caught hundreds of Crappie on it.
    I use blue/char - purple/char - green/char jig bodies most of the time in those same water conditions ... same results.

Orange is not a color I've used with any degree of success, so I don't use it. But, I don't fish murky to muddy waters, either.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I use solid Pink Road Runners .... lightly stained to moderately stained water ... caught hundreds of Crappie on it.
    I use blue/char - purple/char - green/char jig bodies most of the time in those same water conditions ... same results.

Orange is not a color I've used with any degree of success, so I don't use it. But, I don't fish murky to muddy waters, either.
    I figured that most of the time I use say purple /chart . or blue/chart I could be using pink /silver just as well . What made me wonder was a guy saying it was a little early for orange . Made no sense to me but always open to ideas . Makes me wonder if he was thinking of crayfish ? If so most are blue/grey not orange (where I fish) . I fish black/ chart. on a red head in muddy to stained water when I could be using black/orange I guess .
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-24-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you have some chartreuse in the pattern, you can't go wrong. I usually try to have a contrast color with it in combination. Hence, electric chicken is one of my staples. Nothing in fishing is cast in concrete however. You should change and switch according to the fishes' mood. Sometimes I have unusually good luck on solid black. Go figure!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Went yesterday in TN river, it is still fairly muddy where I was and I had most success with pink marabou/white head but did catch a few shorts on Mr Crappie Slab Slanger hot chicken(pink/chartreuse tail)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast