Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Strange Fishing Technique?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Strange Fishing Technique?

Tonight was a decent night fishing with about 6 in the basket. It all went dead and I stayed for another hour or so.

I got bored and looked over and seen a carp at the bank and went at it with a net I had near me. When I got over there it took off. Still bored I just started going back and forth across the bank with the net and caught a couple bait fish, put them in the bucket and started loadin' up the truck and I got back down to the bank and figured I'd throw another tube and first cast caught a keeper and for the next 20 minutes I ended up catching four more.

Only thing I can think of is that I scared a bunch of bait fish to deeper water and got the crappie active and they started hittin' again.

All thanks to the carp swimming in range at the time boredom struck:D
    He that does the truth comes into the light
    Free the people through music!:D

Post Thanks / Like

An older gentleman told me something the other day that might be of interest to some of you. He said that after fishing a top and you think it is time to move on, grab on to that top and shake the daylights out of it. Go to another top close by and fish for about 5 minutes, then go back to the shook up top and get ready to catch some fish! Haven't tried it yet, but I will. Especially after reading this. Thanks kamikaze!!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

I learned a few years ago, that if you're bank fishing and nothing is biting, find a nice long branch and start stirring up the mud along the bank with it, make a really noisy fuss and get it good and muddy. Then just drop a worm about a foot under a bobber right along the bank in the muddy water. The fish will be there looking for the food you stirred up! Whoops, there goes another secret.....
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not quite the same but,
    When I've been sitting for awhile and not gotten bit, I'll take my rod tip and beat the water with it and call my fishes to dinner! :D
    I know...
    I'm nuts... but sometimes it works!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Another trick that works for me is while fishing from shore, near a blowdown, and the fish stop hitting, grab a log off shore and beat on the trunk of the blowdown for a few minutes. Hit it hard enough to shake the limbs that are under water. Look for little brown areas on the top of the water after a while. Cast out to those areas. Something shook loose and stirred up the bottom. The fish will come to see what's going on. Fish on.

Post Thanks / Like

Learn something new everyday. Now if I can find time to try some of these ideas, I would be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

This is way I like this site so much. This is a trick I will use and remember. Thanks everyone.

Gonefission
    Bill

Fishin4Life Guest

These were some good tips. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beenfishin?
    An older gentleman told me something the other day that might be of interest to some of you. He said that after fishing a top and you think it is time to move on, grab on to that top and shake the daylights out of it. Go to another top close by and fish for about 5 minutes, then go back to the shook up top and get ready to catch some fish! Haven't tried it yet, but I will. Especially after reading this. Thanks kamikaze!!

When I'm wadding I do this, I don't go back though, I just want to scare any fish I may have missed to the next top.:D

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I don't worry about jiggling brush when I get my jigs hung up and I pull to straighten the hook. I figure I'll get my jig back and shake the tree to get the food chain re-started. I've had folks tell me they use mono just so they can break off and not disturb the brush as much. I see advantages to both arguements.