HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally !

I finally found a few small fish in the dark at one of my old favorite dark thirty spots . The other side of the lake was a zero dark thirty yellow bass fiasco though and the ones I did find on the opposite side of the lake were pretty small and not in huge numbers just yet .
    The good news is they were in tight in the buck brush close to the bank and had a little bit of color showing up on them as well . Now mind you these same spots in the daylight are big ole skunk almost every day of the year and these fish are for sure tuned into don't get shallow until AFTER the sun sets .
    I was under a somewhat of a curfew and only went from 8 pm to 10 pm , but I did send a bud over there after I left to do a follow up and hang a few to see if it was better later . He found about the same thing from 11 pm to 3 am and was very much like me in that we are super happy to see them FINALLY coming into the bank .
    I will try them again soon and I imagine the larger fish will be along soon along with an onslaught on anglers . I know pretty much for sure when it finally gets around to being all that it will pack up with humans herons and crappie
    Sure was fun pitching a float in the dark and the other thing I found interesting was none of the fish showed much aggression until after you set the hook in them . The takes were very light and some just kinda slid the float sideways and the only thing that took a float under was them pesky yellow bass .
    18 inches under a float in around 2 to 3 foot of water ...color didn't seem to matter ,nor did jig size .
    I pitched orange and chart on the yellow bass side on one rod and I pitched orange and dark brown on another rod on the crappie side .
    soon is my hopes close to home and as always hope you have a great day
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY, gravelman6 LIKED above post
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another great report! Keep on whackin and stackin!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, that first pic is kinda cool! Thanks for the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! I like reading the Ketchn reports.
    Kevin
    in Yorktown