Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New boat?

Currently have a 2010 bass tracker pro team 170tx. Been a great boat but now that I’m getting older looking for something more stable. Looking in the 20 to 30k range. Cheaper if possible of course.

Spend 90 percent of my time long line trolling and bass fishing. About 4 months of each during the year. Stay home in the summer. To hot and to many people. Not into serious bass fishing, just go for fun.

Looking to improve on the following:

1. Handling in the wind. Pretty much have to hang it up once the wind starts getting up a little.

2. More space around seat up front. Don’t have much room to the left or right of the seat and as I get old and clumsy feel I might go for a swim.

3. Would love a live well in the front and back so when I’m tearing up the crappie I don’t have to get up and go to the back of the boat.

4. Rod storage compartment to keep a few bass rods in so if the crappie don’t want to play I can go bass fishing. I currently have 3 or 4 rods laying around the boat when I’m trolling increasing my chances of going for a swim.

5. Would love a fish finder up front that’s not attached to the trolling motor or one built in the trolling motor would work.

6. Although a low priority think I might like glass across the middle of boat to stop the could wind in winter. Do a lot of fishing dec to mar.

Storage length of boat must be 21 feet or less so it fits in my garage.

Think that’s about it. What ya think

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Check out a Lund Impact. Just about fits the want list. Find one a couple years old and it fits the budget. I bought a 1875 impact last year. Very stale. Live well front and back. room up front for 2 across seating if want to. Plenty of room for one. Wind shield to block the cold wind. In floor rod locker for bass rods. If you find a 2013 or newer the transom and floors are covered by factory.

Post Thanks / Like

Targa with a walk through wind shield. Not much rod storage in the older ones. You will get more stability and high sides to keep you in the boat. Wind will blow you around a bit but with a good trolling motor you can still fish. I had one for the 19 years just got a z8 last fall. Love my z8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    2011 Z8 250 Mercury
    Solix 15
    360 on Ultrex

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new boat.
    LittleJohn

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude I looked hard for two years. I mean I drove miles and miles sit in many boats. I ended up in a used fiberglass ranger. Best move I ever made.

Slabprowler is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the xpress H18PFC!

Post Thanks / Like

Alumacraft competitor, 165 or 175 sport. It has everything you mentioned.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Fishin Dave, 243RICK LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default New boat?

Crestliner crappie versions I have all you mentioned in my 17 storm except the windshield.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Like bamas said ranger bass boat is hard to beat for everything your looking for. In the wind you need a glass boat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast