HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: War Eagle Boats and Transducers

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle Boats and Transducers

Hello everyone I wanted to ask a question and maybe get an opinion or two on my boat. I am running a 961 Blackhawk and on the back there’s a bracket that’s welded on and that’s where the dealer mounted my transducer. If I get much over 8 or 10 mph I lose bottom. My question is could that bracket be the reason and if anyone else is running a Blackhawk do you have the same problem. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new boat and Helix 7 when I get 1/2 speed the bottom disappears but the depth and speed still shows up boat dealer said the new graphs loose the screen because the graphics can’t catch up even with the sensitivity is turned down War Eagle Boats and Transducers. May be the cause not the boatWar Eagle Boats and TransducersWar Eagle Boats and Transducers

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a Pic of the transom ...??

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure i believe that. Two of my budfies have HDS7s and theirs read at 40-50MPH in 50 FOW. Had one over yesterday helping me remount mine because i was loosing signal at 20MPH. Have not had it in water yet to test, but i had the transducer set to high on the transom.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Thanks ozarks ranger thanked you for this post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the problem is we mont these new high dollar transducers to high to keep from breaking them off. One thing you might try is tilting tail of transducer down a notch or 2

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes "G" LIKED above post
    Thanks ozarks ranger thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Most of the problem is we mont these new high dollar transducers to high to keep from breaking them off. One thing you might try is tilting tail of transducer down a notch or 2

If fish Santee Cooper which is loaded with stumps. I got the Transducer Saver spring back bracket to protect mine. Works really well.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Could be turbulence from the hull or the bracket either one. Most manufacturers just use a piece of channel flipped over and welded to the transom for a transducer bracket. I know for fact that they scoop water and will throw it right back in the boat. I've already sealed off the bottoms of the 2 on my boat and ones on two other boats for the exact same thing. I don't care if mine gives a pictorial bottom reading at those speeds and higher though. It's not processing/scrolling fast enough to show you anything accurate anyway. Mine do give me the depth readout though, which is all I care about when running. I've seen units not even do that if the turbulence is bad enough.
    Likes chaunc, SeaRay LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a flush mount bracket Lowrance came out with for Lowrance depth finders that I mounted my transducer to my Lowrance TI 7 on,the back of my g3 1648 jon boat as I fish heavy timber sometimes. It gives good enough bottom reading at my top speed of 26 mph,to keep from hitting anything if I run shallow.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/LOWR...6.uts?slotId=0

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"