Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cross Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cross Lake

I Went To Cross Lake After Work, And Fished Under A Bridge Off Lakeshore And Caught A Couple Perch On Minnows. Its A Good Spot Close To Home. Just Thought Somene From This Area Might Want To Know.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, By The Way, I Caught About A Dozen Decent Ones In An Hour Or So. But Unfortunately I Was On Limitied Time So I Couldn't Stay To Long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by csullivan
    I Went To Cross Lake After Work, And Fished Under A Bridge Off Lakeshore And Caught A Couple Perch On Minnows. Its A Good Spot Close To Home. Just Thought Somene From This Area Might Want To Know.
    Welcome,csullivan. Thanks for the tip. Another place you may want to look into is Cypress/Black Bayou. (If you haven't already) Like Cross Lake, you will have to buy yearly permits to fish there, but it's a good fishery, too, and close to home. Glad to see you on the board, looking forward to reading your posts. I think we have the best site on the web, cs, but we have a few rules that must be observed....1) no personal attacks......2) no foul language.......3) stay on topic on the boards. We want our wives and children to enjoy the site, too. We have an "off topic" board at the top of the page in which we can discuss just about anything decent, but rules #1 and #2 still apply. That said, enjoy the site, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we like to share information. And again, welcome to crappie.com.

Post Thanks / Like

I Believe The Sticker You Buy And Put On The Boat At Cross Lake Is Good For Cross Lake, Black Bayou/cypress, And Bickham Dickson Park. Which Bickahm Dickson Park Has Some Decent Bass Fishing. I Go Out There Every Once In A While And Paddle The Pirouge Around And Caught Some Decent Ones

Post Thanks / Like

Default csullivan.......

I Believe The Sticker You Buy And Put On The Boat At Cross Lake Is Good For Cross Lake, Black Bayou/cypress, And Bickham Dickson Park. Which Bickahm Dickson Park Has Some Decent Bass Fishing. I Go Out There Every Once In A While And Paddle The Pirouge Around And Caught Some Decent Ones

cs......Unfortunately, the stickers won't interchange with the different lakes. I checked with Cross Lake and Cypress/Black Bayou and they told me in no uncertain terms they are valid only in the lake specified on the sticker, so I hope you read this before you put in at Cypress/Black Bayou, they require a sticker on your boat and on your trailer. The penalty is $25.00, and I have already contributed that amount, then paid the $10.00 for the stickers. :rolleyes: They told me with a big grin that ignorance was not an excuse. :D Ya gotta laugh, what else can you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Went To Cross Lake Sat Morn. And Sunday Morn. And Didn't Do To Good. The Boats Around Me Caught A Afew Good Size Ones, But All I Managed To Catch Were Yellow Bass And Big Shiner Looking Fish. Maybe Next Time I Can Get Some

PRO CRAPPIE 175 Guest

THANKS, THATS GOOD NEWS TO ME, I AM TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO FISH CROSS LAKE AND WHERE TO GO. WHERE EXACTLY IS THAT BRIDGE WHERE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. IS THERE ANY OTHER NEW SPOTS THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT? WHAT DO YOU USE AS IN BAITS, AND HOW DO YOU RIG UP. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT! THANKS ALOT, PRO CRAPPIE 175

renvette Guest

Have you fished the 220 bridge since they put the reefs under there? I'm curious if it helped at all. I hope to get out to Cross Lake tomorrow. I fish bridges, fallen docks...etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I Have Not Fished The 220 Bridge, I Usually Fish Out Of My Pirouge, And I Don't Think I Could Paddle That Far To That Bridge. But I Have Heard That People Are Catching On The Artificial Reefs. But The Bridge I Fish At Is On The North Side Of The Lake, The Mallard Bay Bridge, I Think Thats What Its Called. As For The Baits, I Usually Carry Jigs And Live Minnows, Sometimes I'll Put A Minnow On A Jig Head As Well. But I Have Caught Most On A Red And White Jig, Or A Chartuese Jig. And Sometimes A Black Jig With A Red Jig Hook. But I Always Use A Red Jig Head. But Right Now The Bite Has Been Slow And Been Catching Mostly Catfish,yellow Bass, And Big Shad. But The Few White Perch That Are Caught Are Really Good Size...hope This Helps.