Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It could happen

Post Thanks / Like

Default It could happen

You know what I mean , that lets go way far from home and stumble around in a lake we don't know and try to ketch some fish .So off we go after church to a spot far from home , never been there myself and my bud went once years ago in his kayak . Tells me lots of small fish in there and I tell him I hear other wise .
    So it begins and here we go down dirt roads and back and forth and he keeps saying its just over the next hill .Well sure enough after a few hills there is the lake and off we go . We find about near nothing on the graph and then see a few suspended off a point and get like zero bites ! We try shallower as I was told they are on fire spawning and my bud hooks up on something and it pulls off .
    So we go extra shallow and extra deep and all points in between and continue to find nothing . The graph says aliens abducted all the fish in the lake and I look for flying saucers to show up at any time .
    Well as luck would have it and after traveling up and down the lake and just joy riding all over the place we end up back where we saw a couple on the graph . I told my bud I think those 3 or 4 fish will come shallow late in the day maybe and we should sit them out .
    Sure enough I ketch one real nice fish pretty deep under a float and we get a bit happy . Then nada and we travel off yet again . Well I tell him we best go sit that spot we found one at and get serious my friend . This here joy riding and sight seeing reminds me of fishing and fishing aint my gig .
    Well long story short the graph wasn't helping us but my instincts and knowledge of how crappie behave changed our day tremendously and we sat in one spot anchored down and pitched floats and stayed somewhat focused on the VERY light bites these BIG old crappie were in the mode to do .
    They were about some kind of lazy bites and you often just had to set the hook for the heck of it to see if it was a bite .Some laid floats over a little ,some pushed floats a bit and some took it down super slow like molasses .
    My bud managed one that was a real hoss fish and probably in the upper 2 range pretty easy . Fish were moving up on a steep rocky shore line late in the day and we caught most about 3 to 4 deep under fixed floats .
    Numbers were kinda low and we lost several and I got my line broke by one as well , but in the end it was some kinda big smiles and for we were VERY impressed with the fight in these fish . Hard to tell if you had a bass or a crappie in most cases and we had no net but still managed to lip and rip a few out of that lake .
    stay tuned and have a great day
    p.s. a few bass got in on the show as well .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Central Minn, S10CHEVY, ad1974, gravelman6 LIKED above post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The lite bite can be tuff. Congrats on ketchn some whales!

Post Thanks / Like

Great story, good job sticking to it and figuring them out. Had a cold front affected them?Water temperature or level drop?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bang head wonderful!

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice ones! Patience perseveres.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

very nicely done.

Post Thanks / Like

There was in fact a slow rolling storm the night before and i imagine it had some effect we didnt undestand on them . Locals said the bite was better in the am for bass but the crappie were not biting at all ...

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent strategy and determination to put feesh in the boat....
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on ya for stickin with it and it paying off. Some really nice fish in those pics.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast