Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chasing the bite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chasing the bite

I would start this read off by being ever so grateful for the chances I get to do the thing I am about to post up . Chasing the bite and or maybe what some would refer to as run and gun is something that will often times keep fish on your jig . To be good or shall we say be successful at it requires several things that will encourage a desirable finish .
    Number one is a knowledge of the typical patterns on the lakes you target and as important in many cases is a network of friends and associates that have the same passion . This all said ,this is a great way to stay on fish and if one has the time and also the equipment and dollars to accomplish the mission you might find yourself on numbers of fish quite often .
    I have a pretty nice group of friends that share information with me and of course I do the same as well . If someone finds them good or wants to know where the bite is we often give up the exacts on the current pattern at whatever water body . Now all this said it isn't like we just share with everyone on the public internet and or local forums as we don't feel like that's exactly fair to those of us that spend the time and dollars on this venue .
    So before you pass judgement on someone for being tight lipped about a spot or a color or exact information remember this , they might have a lot of time and money into that information and in some cases may feel a stranger might not do the same for them . And of course in some cases there are those that would look to be a "hero" by telling all in an ill fated attempt to be popular or seem knowledgeable in this endeavor .
    Anyway in the end if you have variable conditions and waters in your area and form a pretty tight group of fellas that go hit the water often and are good at knowing the current patterns you might want to chase the bite .
    That all said I might go to a spot I have never been to today after church if everything goes as planned and chase a bite that might have some fish worthy of mention in the mix . This particular spot has quite a following in the local crowd in that area and is kept VERY quiet once you get away from that area by a little ways . I sent a bud there last week to scout it and he managed 2 fish very close to 3 pounds and insists we need to go really get serious on them as he thinks there is likely fish well over 3 in numbers in that lake .
    Hopefully it all plays out and I will show yawl the results .....
    running and gunning and or "chasing the bite" is something I really enjoy when I have the time and resources
    have a great day and stay tuned
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I will be waiting to see your report and pictures for sure.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    So before you pass judgement on someone for being tight lipped about a spot or a color or exact information remember this , they might have a lot of time and money into that information and in some cases may feel a stranger might not do the same for them . And of course in some cases there are those that would look to be a "hero" by telling all in an ill fated attempt to be popular or seem knowledgeable in this endeavor .
    This in bold is why I usually stay tight lipped about exactly when and what lake I am fishing. Too many people like to brag on social media these days.
    I've had several days just this year where it took me all day to get a pattern on the fish, so I hear what you are saying.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't begrudge you for keeping quiet if that is what makes you happy. Me on the other hand could care less. I'll help any one out any time. I can fish anytime I want so I usually keep on the pattern most of the time. If I can help out someone who doesn't have the same opportunity that I do I'll help them. Can't fish everywhere at once. I won't give the exact spot but I'll give them depth, color of lure, and, method that I caught fish on. The rest is up to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie51 View Post
    I don't begrudge you for keeping quiet if that is what makes you happy. Me on the other hand could care less. I'll help any one out any time. I can fish anytime I want so I usually keep on the pattern most of the time. If I can help out someone who doesn't have the same opportunity that I do I'll help them. Can't fish everywhere at once. I won't give the exact spot but I'll give them depth, color of lure, and, method that I caught fish on. The rest is up to them.
    Based on his many, many reports, I’m pretty sure he’s right there with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Ketchn for the insight. I figure there are so many fish it does not make much difference if I share my limited successes with anyone wanting to listen. I attribute my new found success, in part, to folks like you that share knowledge and opinions. Others like Rickie have been instrumental in my development of understanding my electronics. Slab is another example of someone so encouraging that you cannot wait to hit the water again. I absolutely love our community. Dennis

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes scrat LIKED above post