PDA

View Full Version : Finally, I busted loose!

anchorpuller
03-21-2007, 05:07 PM
I FINALLY got to get out there Tuesday night and get my fix!

Fished the Beaver Creek/Ebeneezer landing bridge on Jordan Lake last night. Not a bite til dark. Then, they would come in spurts and scattered depths. I was fishing under the bridge, in about 25' of water. Most were caught between 12-14'. Don't know the water temp. Didn't have thingie hooked up.
I left at about midnight with my limit.

Sure was a nice night. Calm lake, mild temps, lots of friendly company at the bridge.

The official counters:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/anchorpuller/IMG_0018-1.jpg

The official count:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/anchorpuller/IMG_0015-1.jpg

The official catcher ;)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/anchorpuller/IMG_0014-1.jpg

GRIZZ
03-21-2007, 05:14 PM
GRIZZ is jealous. I still have ice on the lake. Nice fish.

J White
03-21-2007, 05:19 PM
It's about time you got back to business :D
Nice fish, and the counters are as cute as ever.
Glad you got to go, Jeff

Litebite
03-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Well look at you woman..!!!!.....
YOU SURE GOT YOUR GET ON.....
You the woman, but don't tell crappiequeen...:D ..;)

FisherMike
03-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Now that's a BUSTED LOOSE!!

Great job and thanks for the pics.

Dam I'm jealous!!

frank lawhead
03-21-2007, 06:37 PM
holy- moly what a nice lookin catch ---rug-rats look wonderful :) :)

painterfish
03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
good job anchorpullergreat pics

painterfish
03-21-2007, 06:42 PM
good job anchorpuller great pics

Ken Kinser
03-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Good catch nice lookin kids to fish with also, keep it up

turkeyfootnc
03-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Sounds like another good night! Those are some nice fish. I have never caught a small crappie at Jordan Lake.

Keep in mind folks-the limit at this lake is 10 inches

Jerry Blake
03-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey Laura:

Glad to see you got to go after them and wore them out to boot!

Crappie Xtreme
03-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Hey anchorpuller that sure is a nice catch you got there. Oh yea nice fish also. Looks like I found a use for one of those little red wagons.
Very good job keep up the good work. I gotta try some of that night fishn sometime.

Crappie X.

Mo'nBack
03-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Laura; Back about 3-4 weeks ago I was working in Moncure and if I had known you had gone professional, I'd have called you for a guided trip!! That's an awesome pile of fish (and them kids STILL look like keepers!!!) Good job on both counts!!;)

anchorpuller
03-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Thank y'all for all the nice comments. It sure is nice to have someone to share my enthusiasm with.
Grizz,

It's ok, cuz while I'm sitting down here wiping sweat off my brow and can't borrow a bite, you'll be up there slayin' em and making me jealous :)

Jeff,

The kids want to go too. I'm going to have to try out some Jeff White Style fishing one day with Kim or Tommy with me :)

Lite,

You and I both know who the Queen really is. I'll take lessons from her ANY day :)

Turkeyfoot,

You might not have caught any small crappies on Jordan, but I sure have! Last year was the worst with many more throwbacks than keepers. This year, they are doin' better thank goodness :)

Jerry,

All those nice pictures of your catches pale mine big time! I get my "fix" off lookin' at your days when I can't go :)

CrappieX,

That little red wagon is well broken in as you can tell. It's one of our favorite yard tools :)

Skipper,

Man, If I had caught on to your being so close, I'd have JUMPED at the chance to catch up with you. The Coty plant is local here and we could have loaded you up with goodies to take home! ....oh.. and some fish too :)

Thanks again everyone....

By the way. Would I be E.V.I.L. if I went fishing tomarrow on my hubby's birthday? :eek:

fishingpox
03-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Will you take me fishing? You can pick me up from the side of the road on your way. Your husband will never find out.

Those youngons are sure getting big.

Yeah , my wife would understand if I went fishing on her birthday if it fell on the weekend. Though, we have been married 21 years, I've toughened her up some in these years also.

Crappie Reaper
03-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Laura,
Now that your fishing skillz are extremely honed. Toss out a few pointers here and there. Am so glad you got into the Motherload! Your kids will have many fond memories of their childhood because of you. What a great gal!

wrwest
03-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Wow that is a nice buch of fish ya got there, sounds like ya had a good time. Way to go gal...

Don G
03-22-2007, 03:40 AM
Good to see you back on the water Laura...A great catch and the "counters" are growing like weeds...Keep up the good work.

Will be in your neck of the woods today and tomorrow.....Hannah is 11 today.....Time goes by....

Take care & have a good day