Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fighting Linesides Lake Harding(Ga) 1/25/05

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fighting Linesides Lake Harding(Ga) 1/25/05

water temp dropped from 52 to 47 and it was windy so I decided to try the stripers. They were chasing shad into the creeks up in Halawaka creek. Seems every creek mouth on the south side(slightly colder temp) of the main creek held fish. The gulls were diving near princess bridge. They were really busy. I was alone and dealt with multiple hookups numerous times. I trolled 1/8 jigs about 12' deep in 17' -20' water. White with a live shiner. I had to release 7 over 16 inches. Some were huge 10-15 lbs that I release anyway. I broke off 20lb test and the 6 pound on my crappie rods lost me a few nice ones. It was a great day of battling stripers, hybrids and whites. I think my left elbow has carpel tunnel I do believe.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up good day....

sounds like you had a little piece of heaven right here on earth--thats the type of day we all dream about--constant pulls....I mainly striper fish and am just getting back to some crappies ---see isn't fishin better than football :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

not many post in this forum. I thought more would reply. If you crappie fish you will catch stripers too if they are in the lake.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

HI FalconSmitty. Im a new member to the board from the North Carolina area. I was looking forward to some of the posts here also but there doesnt seem to be a lot happening yet. Guess the winter has it slowed down somewhat. I think you are right about the catching of Stripers if you fish for crappie. I hooked into something the other week fishing for crappie off the pier at Beaverdam lake here in raleigh which i didnt get a look at but it sure was not a crappie and it just had its way with my light line and tackle before it broke off. Being winter time this fish was full of life and ran hard and fast under the pier that I was on before he broke off. I tried to pull him too hard i guess and should have known better but i figured if i let him go out the other side of the pier i was hosed anyway. Seemed a bit frisky for a winter largmouth. I do want to start targeting these fish though. You sound like you fish for them quite a bit and any pointers would be appreciated. I fish from the bank and some piers that i know about but am looking into a boat soon.