Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opening Day

Seems a long, long way off with nearly 2' of fresh snow on the ground!

Name:  IMG_0673.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0685.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  65.2 KB

And the plow can only push it just so high:

Name:  IMG_0689.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  58.9 KB

About 10 days ago it was 70 degrees; the day before this storm arrived it was 50. We had a nor'easter on Friday that gave us 8" of heavy wet snow and then this one of nearly 2'. I tell ya, I'm tired of ol' man winter right now.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes S10CHEVY, Crestliner08, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  23.2 KB
    Two feet of fresh snow....I'd be making some tracks!

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, do yall actually have fishing seasons like hunting seasons?

Post Thanks / Like

We sure do for many species. If the state stocks a pond or lake with trout, it closes end of February and opens mid-April. Panfish can be fished year round on water that isn't stocked. CT river has it's own rules for species, as does saltwater. We really need to check the regs to be sure what is and what isn't open. Walleye are another species that has special seasons.

CT regs can be found here:
    DEEP: Angler's Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6poundtest View Post
    We sure do for many species. If the state stocks a pond or lake with trout, it closes end of February and opens mid-April. Panfish can be fished year round on water that isn't stocked. CT river has it's own rules for species, as does saltwater. We really need to check the regs to be sure what is and what isn't open. Walleye are another species that has special seasons.

A move would be in order for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6poundtest View Post

I gotcha, similar to all our saltwater closed seasons/slot limits/zones etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope old man winter will give you the break you want and that you have a very productive "season". I am all for conservation but the idea of a fishing season is foreign to me. I don't like keeping track of dates and regulations just to plan an outing.

Post Thanks / Like

We actually thought we'd be fishing this week! This winter is just hanging for dear life. Very depressing. Thank goodness for Crappie.com though.....love seeing someone catching something. Cheer up 6poundtest......the light has appeared at the end of the tunnel (at least that's what I keep telling myself!).
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    We actually thought we'd be fishing this week!.....
    When we got that stretch of warm weather there mid to late February, it took the ice off of all the local water; spring was here. I could even see the boat, all the snow was gone. I even dug out the box holding all my new plastics and got to thinking on how to rearrange my tackle to get them in. Then 2 nor'easters 5 day's apart, with another 3-6" called for on Monday night in to Tuesday, kinda puts the winter back in charge for a while.
    Clearly a case of counting the chickens before they hatch for me.
    Likes catchncrisco LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel. I lived in Douglas Mass. for four years. Seemed like winter started Nov 1 and ended last day of April. My wife finally had enough and convinced me to move back to Kansas. I just got a new boat and plan to start crappie fishing this week. IF I can find a day without 25MPH+ wind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast