HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you store plastics?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you store plastics?

How do you store your plastics? I've amassed enough that I need a solid and cheapish way to keep them sorted.

Years ago they would melt when left in Plano boxes. I bought a big southern crappie set that came in a Plano box. I guess this is no longer an issue? It would make it easy, but I don't want boxes of melted plastics. The folders are expensive to keep everything OCD organized though.
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

In original bag in gallon ziplock bags sorted by brand and type like 1.5" Slider, in a softside cooler. 1 cooler for my pullin baits and 1 cooler for dippin/ pitchin baits. Small plano with jigheads in each. Can pack a pile of baits in 1 of them coolers.
    Thanks EWS thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    In original bag in gallon ziplock bags sorted by brand and type like 1.5" Slider, in a softside cooler. 1 cooler for my pullin baits and 1 cooler for dippin/ pitchin baits. Small plano with jigheads in each. Can pack a pile of baits in 1 of them coolers.
    Are the colors mixed? Do they bleed?
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

I keep in Plano boxes, out of the bags they are sold in. Been keeping that way for 4 years, no issues. I don't leave my tackle bag outside, other than when fishing, rest of time it's in the house.
    Likes DRFISHDUCK LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lane47 View Post
    I keep in Plano boxes, out of the bags they are sold in. Been keeping that way for 4 years, no issues. I don't leave my tackle bag outside, other than when fishing, rest of time it's in the house.
    Same for me.
    Likes Jman5626, Gindog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lane47 View Post
    Thanks. I picked up some more today, but began second guessing myself.
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    As he said...in original bag and gallon zip lock by type and color. My colors are not mixed and yes most plastics will bleed.....depends on how much resin is in the plastisol but as far as I know all plastisol baits will bleed.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Alphahawk, I misread huntinslabs post.
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EWS View Post
    Are the colors mixed? Do they bleed?
    I have not had a problem with any bleeding. I use pretty much Sliders, Southern pro Hotgrubs, BG baits and a few BPS baits. The Hotgrubs usually come in a little plastic box and dry so I put them in small ziplock bags with mineral oil and anise then into gallon bag. No I do not mix colors. The softside coolers I use are the little 16 can lunch style. Pull out the hard liner and you can pack a bunch in there, just try and get all the air out the ziplock bags. Plus they cram into storage holds pretty dang good.
    Likes trypman1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

all over the place for me , my back seat has a hundred bags laying around and I have several ice chests full of them in the garage
    but then again I aint organized like most folks ....a few in the console lose and some in pockets of various clothing items ...
    but then again I am the train wreck .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes etexbasser, Cane Pole, EWS LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast