Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: May be the greatest thing to happen!

Post Thanks / Like

Default May be the greatest thing to happen!

The nearly two week state wide teachers strike here in Wv,may be the greatest thing that could happen to the kids right now.Put aside the politics,I'm referring to the many kids and parents that Ive seen the past few days fishing together at some local lakes.
    Yes I know they need their schooling,but considering all that's been going on in the nations school system,seeing kids and parents fishing together,may be just what the doctor ordered at this moment.
    Ive had the pleasure to watch and listen to noumerous kids and parents actually enjoying their time together in the outdoors.One set of parents of 4 kids, admitted they had never taken their kids fishing before,the dad just happened to be the superintendent of a nearby school.

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It sure can't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

the out doors can bring families together

Post Thanks / Like

We never had a teachers strike when I was in school. We just had to play old fashioned hookey when we wanted to go fishing LOL.
    Likes ad1974, footballcoach, KickIn Chicken LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggone View Post
    We never had a teachers strike when I was in school. We just had to play old fashioned hookey when we wanted to go fishing LOL.
    Yep!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats outstanding, Kids need to be outside playing and dirty to be really happy. When we go camping and stay for a long weekend or a week you can watch kids change in a short time from being tense and edgy to haphazard and free spirited. Not just mine but most kids you watch. Nature has a way of slowing you down and relaxing you.
    Likes Redge, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yaker View Post
    The nearly two week state wide teachers strike here in Wv,may be the greatest thing that could happen to the kids right now.Put aside the politics,I'm referring to the many kids and parents that Ive seen the past few days fishing together at some local lakes.
    Yes I know they need their schooling,but considering all that's been going on in the nations school system,seeing kids and parents fishing together,may be just what the doctor ordered at this moment.
    Ive had the pleasure to watch and listen to noumerous kids and parents actually enjoying their time together in the outdoors.One set of parents of 4 kids, admitted they had never taken their kids fishing before,the dad just happened to be the superintendent of a nearby school.
    Great example of taking a lemon and making lemonade.
    A man's gotta believe in somethin' - I believe I'll go fishin'
    Likes KickIn Chicken LIKED above post