Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cabelas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabelas

Just a "heads up". I wanted to buy a transom mount trolling motor. Figured out which model I wanted and then called Cabelas to place the order, with their offer of "free shipping" (our Cabelas is in another state). So far, so good. I confirmed the availability with the sales person I spoke with, gave her a gift card (which was a partial amount of the total cost) and placed the order. Then she gave me a price which was $8.00 above what was advertised!

I said...."What?" She said it was because it was an "oversized" shipping item. I asked her why I should buy it there if I can go down to Dick's and pick up the same motor, at the same price and not have to pay that extra charge? She asked me to hold and wait for a bit. She came back and said it was OK.....I would not be charged the extra $8.00! A little common sense persuasion goes a long way.

Buyers beware!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

It's in the disclaimer, Staines certainexclusions apply, oversize is one

Post Thanks / Like

Always curious how they charge for oversized items when BBG Marine charges a flat rate, price is cheaper most times, and the shipping is cheaper and faster.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes broharrell, strmwalker, footballcoach LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, those sneaky hidden fees. Gotta keep on the look out, for sure.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much the norm for oversize packages

Sent from my Z983 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Ups charges extra for boxes over sixty (?) inches in girth and uses "dim" weights on light weight packages based on the size of the package. Still, you got a good point plus you may save state tax..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a hassle free transaction for a trolling motor look at Trolling motors.net. Im not affiliated with them in anyway other then buying my Ulterra with them. They are the same price as the big stores without taxes for most states. I ordered my Trolling motor on the 14th of Feb and had it the 16th. Free shipping also. Like I said Im not affiliated with them but I will plug a company that goes the extra mile for the customer.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently went to East Texas Sonar in Longview Texas to purchase a new terrova. Ordered it and went to have it installed. The box was in shambles, bottom of box was almost completely worn away from being moved around so much. Had been opended and taped up. Actually had water coming out of the box. Motor came out of Lake City warehouse I believe in Shreveport LA. I told the owner I didn’t want that motor. He said we don’t do refunds. After about four hrs he refunded part of my money, kept 325.00 for restocking fees. I am pretty sure he had gotten a old style motor and was trying to unload it on me. He even tried to put it in my boat as I was hooking it up to leave. I saw him and made him get it out. I asked for the VIN number so I could check age with Minnkota. All he gave me was UPC code which Minnkota couldn’t tell age by. I am disputing it with visa now. Minnkota said that was probably what was going on that it has happened more often than you would think. Supposedly they are sending him a letter, but not much they can do. They should have renamed the motor with some designation. Just a heads up on how unscrupulous some dealers can be..

Post Thanks / Like

Brian at BBG marine beat the local Cabela's price on my Terrova by hundreds. A pleasure to deal with and two day shipping too. I only use the local Cabela's to window shop the majority of the time, and don't bother asking them questions. The most frustrating part about the store is their inventory is so mismanaged, that they list having things in stock, that I've never seen in the store and employees cannot find.
    Eric
    Likes "G", wicklundrh, footballcoach LIKED above post