Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Ed .....my new LUCKY shirt is .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Ed .....my new LUCKY shirt is .....

My new lucky shirt
    I left work early yesterday to head out to a small ranch that is for sale . I thought from what I could see with the google map and see in the listing it might be a real jewel . Well long story short it is truly my dream come true if they accept my offer !
    I haven't in 60 plus years seen a more beautiful small ranch and I never blinked an eye at offering the asking price . A spring fed year round creek runs thru it , it has a huge native pecan orchard bottom , some of the thickest brush ever ,along with a beautiful little mountain in the back of the place . There are just about every kind of oak trees that live in Texas on it and a live oak in the middle of the place that is likely close to 500 years old ! The list goes on with a small 2 bedroom farmhouse and a nice little stock tank and of course the most abundant wildlife living on it I could ever imagine .
    Now onto my secondary agenda of the day . My ride takes me by a another small ranch that is where I hunt about 10 minutes down the road and I thought I might have an hour or so on my way back to Ft. Worth to pitch a jig for grins . I stopped in and the water looked marvelous , kinda clear and NOT muddy as I thought it would be and first drop I lost what would have made most folks lose some water as she came up in the middle of the pond ripping drag off my reel after hooking her by the bank . Never even had a chance to set the hook and for sure she got me good. She went back down and continued to pull drag for another second or so and somehow the jig came out of her . Talk about a rush ....WOW was that heart pounding right there .
    Well it wasn't near over and for an hour I lost about as many large ones as I landed and said a many a 4 letter words to my self for being so off my game
    The day ended with the sun getting low and my ride back to town was for sure a big grin all the way and I might have trouble wiping it off my face .
    I want to thank you Slab for my new lucky shirt sir , somehow I kinda thought when it got warm enough to wear it that it could hold some sort of power over the outing I wore it on and even though I am not superstitious I think it is .....
    My new lucky shirt
    p.s. these fish where in short water and all taken about 18 inches under a float with a small orange hand tied jig , with the male fish being staged off the bank a little bit and the girls a bit out past them by not much .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they take your offer. Great fish photos.
    Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you found yourself a great place,I hope it all works out for you.Good report and nice catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great Ketch. Glad it brought you good luck. And it'll bring you luck with the house too. Sounds fantastic. You deserve that place and you'll get it.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Now that’s an eventful afternoon! Don’t warsh that shirt! Good Ju Ju can be warshed off with them Tide Pods!
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    Now that’s an eventful afternoon! Don’t warsh that shirt! Good Ju Ju can be warshed off with them Tide Pods!
    I got a lucky shirt I haven't washed in a year. It's certainly a lucky shirt, but I don't know why no one will fish with me when I'm wearing it. It comes in handy too when I take people out, and we don't catch fish. I blame them for not letting me wear my lucky shirt! lol
    Owner
    Likes Redge, ET Fish, Hat55 LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your offer is accepted, everyone needs a special place of there own.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie. Hope you get that ranch home.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    I got a lucky shirt I haven't washed in a year. It's certainly a lucky shirt, but I don't know why no one will fish with me when I'm wearing it. It comes in handy too when I take people out, and we don't catch fish. I blame them for not letting me wear my lucky shirt! lol
    I’m an old baseball player. I’m not superstitious, but when I was in a zone, I usually stunk! It ain’t superstition, it’s just common sense!
    1) If it’s working, don’t change nothing! This goes beyond shirts to include socks and underwear.
    2) If you ain’t catching fish, turn your hat around. It works!
    3) Never, ever, under any circumstances, pray for patience! Trust me on this one!

These are just a few to get you started. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more of this wisdom.
    (I ain’t got no Youtube channel!)
    Likes Slab, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    I’m an old baseball player. I’m not superstitious, but when I was in a zone, I usually stunk! It ain’t superstition, it’s just common sense!
    1) If it’s working, don’t change nothing! This goes beyond shirts to include socks and underwear.
    2) If you ain’t catching fish, turn your hat around. It works!
    3) Never, ever, under any circumstances, pray for patience! Trust me on this one!

These are just a few to get you started. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more of this wisdom.
    (I ain’t got no Youtube channel!)
    Certainly agree on the patience part. The best fishermen I know are "not patient". No fish here, move.....move....move.....doh, found'em

And yep, following you on YouTube now.
    Owner
    Likes ET Fish LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast