Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Donations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Donations?

This has to be the friendliest website that I have ever been on. I have only been a member for a few months now, but log in three times a day so that i don't "miss" anything.
    I am a youth minister in SouthEast Illinois, and my father-in-law is the director of a Church Camp just south of Indianapolis called Camp Allendale in Trafalgar, Indiana. Last year he started a fishing camp for 4th & 5th grade boys, and most of them had never caught anything, and there were about 20 of them. It is all donation of time to make this camp work, and it is going again. I travelled up there last year in order to help out for a day in between two other church camps I spoke at, and it was awesome, but these kids have nothing. Mostly, they caught bluegill and crappie (and some monsters at that...one was 16.5 inches and went over 2 lbs.). I am planning on going up there again this year to help out a couple of days, and have roped a few of the 70+ year old fishermen in my church to come help.
    I know that there are some jig makers here, and didn't know if anyone would be willing to donate some of your product to the cause of this week. Or, if there is something else that you all might be willing to donate to help these kids out, let me know. I got Berkley to donate some stuff (they sent a 14-lb box full), there is a man who is donating some nice rods for the kids, and I am trying to get in contact with Hank Parker (nice Christian man). Let me know if you would be willing to help out these kids with something that they may only get to do once a year, and that we love soooooo much. I know people joke around about asking to be "product testers", but that is not what I am doing. If you are interested, or know of someone or a company that might be willing to help, let me know and I will follow-up. These kids love this, and need this...

Post Thanks / Like

If you can donate, but don't want others to know that you are willing to in order not to be hassled, PM me.
    I don't mean to be a bother. I just know that I had a man take me once when I was nine, and I have been hooked ever since. And, since then, my dad and I have used fishing time as a great way to grow closer together. And, it wouldn't have been possible if someone named Delbert wouldn't have helped me get a few things in the beginning. My dad and I are about to go on our 3rd trip now...thanks for the help, Delbert!

Post Thanks / Like

check your pm

Post Thanks / Like

mrwillis,
    Do you have a date and time for when you will need the donations? How about an address to send them too?
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birddog
    mrwillis,
    Do you have a date and time for when you will need the donations? How about an address to send them too?
    The fishing camp is first week of June at Camp Allendale. However, I am just having things sent here to the church I work at in order to cause less mess at the camp. My personal email address is [email protected]. My address here at the church is: Central Christian Church, Attn: Matt Willis, 303 Buchanan Dr, Lawrenceville Illinois 62439.

Anything is a help...just let me know. And, the kids will thank you all.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

There are some people stepping up here...how awesome! I have three different states represented at this thing for these kids. Thanks to those who have given so far, and I knew I could count on those on this website. And, why not...passing on something that will change a kids life for the better by a means that all of us love to do and wouldn't know how to live without...FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

jigs on the way, great thing your doing. Keep up the good work

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't received anything yet, but I know that there are some that have already sent them. I should probably see the first package tomorrow...from California. Your excitement and willingness is boosting my excitement through the roof. Just think what it is going to do for these kids!!!

NJcrappie Guest

pm sent

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Donations

Send me an email at [email protected]. I'll send detailed instructions fact sheets where the youth can start tying their own jigs as well as a great panfishing newsletter you can copy and hand out to them.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast