HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: NEED EXPERT ADVICE/OPINIONS PLEASE OF LOWRANCE HOOK2 9" Tripleshot

Post Thanks / Like

Default NEED EXPERT ADVICE/OPINIONS PLEASE OF LOWRANCE HOOK2 9" Tripleshot

Looking to buy my first side imaging unit, and have looked at the Lowrance Hook2 9" Tripleshot, mainly due the price and claim ease of operation, since I am somewhat a beginner in the electronics of fishing. Has anyone tried this unit and what are your opinions and or advise. Thank you for any help!
    YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS...BUT YOU CAN BUY FISHING GEAR.....AND THAT'S KINDA THE SAME THING.....
    Unknown.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey young man! Long time no see.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello sir, hope you and the misses are doing great. I have retired since our last visit and still trying to figure out this crappie fishing everyone seems to be "hooked" on. And still can't get a grasp. But life is good and gotta keep trying. Hope to see you and the misses on the water come spring and that you both remain blessed. Holler at me should you need anything!
    YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS...BUT YOU CAN BUY FISHING GEAR.....AND THAT'S KINDA THE SAME THING.....
    Unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one last month and took the boat out Tuesday to see how it would do. I think it will be great on my next trip, I spent most of this trip just trying out the different screens. I was hoping to see on my side imaging some great details like others have posted, but I guess I need to tweak it a bit more. It is my first nice finder and think it will get better each time I go out. Biggest issue I had was when I mounted it on the boat in my garage and played with it, I must have really adjusted the brightness down. For the first hour the screen was too black to find the settings
    Thanks Hookedonslabs thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Where you been,I've never used anything but hds and humminbird.Ive never been around the hook 2

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hey BB..been laying low and took up golfing pretty bad but realized I was no better at it than I was at crappie fishing..and since those golf balls don't fry up that great thought I would try learning about crappie fishing again. My budget wouldn't allow for the HDS and was looking for something simple for my simple mind. Read a few reviews and articles about them and all seemed favorable. So being within my budget and within my elementary mind set of electronics thought I would give it a shot. But will probably find my self sitting on a 5 gallon bucket at my favorite bank....take care and have a great spring catching them crappie.
    Unknown.