Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Belly boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Belly boats

Anybody have one? If so how do you like?
    Thanks, Mac from Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

I really like mine, fun to battle fish in it. Need to watch wind, it can be difficult to say the least to get back to the shore you want to if you get occupied havin fun ketchin fish. I Know I've used a few magical words to get back to shore from time to time!!
    Likes mac LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use mine (outcast/fishcat LCS 4) with a kayak paddle for smallmouth in small quarry pits.

Post Thanks / Like

Alligators like the way they present their meal.
    Likes mac, Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and I love it. I propel with flippers and a short canoe paddle that I have tied to the boat with a length of para-cord. I had a pair of heel-flippers that actually propelled me forward - BUT - they were painfully slow. Now I have a pair of over-sized scuba fins I wear over a pair of beach shoes big enough to go over my sock-foot waders. I use the flippers to travel and then turn around when I get to where I am going. I use the paddle to position myself and to turn myself when needed.

The most fun was walking backwards down the boat ramp where a couple of bass-boat guys were fiddling with their glitter boats and then paddling out to a crappie bed not far from the ramp. I got within casting distance of the bed and pitched a curly tailed jig into it and immediately tied into a 3# largemouth. The fish cartwheeled once and I could hear the bass guys hollering to each other to watch.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

Post Thanks / Like

We got gators bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I have one and I love it.
    Same here.

Very fun, relaxing way to fish.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one when I lived in OK and fished a lot of farm ponds. It was styrofoam and all but impossible to turn over, called a water bug. I aggravated lots of guys catching the bigger fish they knew were in there but couldn't get to. About 5lbs and you went in circles a lot. Didn't have waders and didn't like getting wet every time though. Sold it when I got back to FL and someone actually bought it, even with the gator population. Better him than me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I had one when I lived in OK and fished a lot of farm ponds. It was styrofoam and all but impossible to turn over, called a water bug. I aggravated lots of guys catching the bigger fish they knew were in there but couldn't get to. About 5lbs and you went in circles a lot. Didn't have waders and didn't like getting wet every time though. Sold it when I got back to FL and someone actually bought it, even with the gator population. Better him than me.

come on now be nice !!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I used one when I lived in OR. One time it sprung a leak and I HAD TO KICK HARD to get back to the shore. In MS I would be afraid of snakes, gators and snapping turtles.
    Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.