HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Springfield Plug-In Pedestal Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Springfield Plug-In Pedestal Question

I just bought a new Alumacraft 1648 MV NCS. I have added a 1/8" diamond plate floor with Springfield 2 3/8th inch Plug-In bases and can't decide on how tall of Plug-In Pedestal to get. They come in many sizes from 9", 13", 15" and bigger. I'm 6' and 240 any recommendations on how high of one to get. Mostly bluegill and crappie fisherman. Thanks.
    Thanks Jiggin john thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Springfield Plug-In Pedestal Question

I'm 6'4" and have 9" & 13" posts. The 13" are good for me, and the 9" for my kids. Different seats end up being higher or lower because of how they are built. The Lund factory seats end up a couple inches lower than the millenium seats.
    Eric
    Thanks slipbobber07 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

BTW there is a difference in between the seat mounts on the regular 238 vs the Attwood lakesport/Springfield mounts that makes the incompatible.
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

I got 2 of the adjustable post, 2 3/8, I like them the best. I keep mine all the way up, but my fishing partner keeps his all the way down, I'm 6.2, long legged , so I like mine high, keeps my back from hurting.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys the info helps as I am 6' and have back problems so I don't want to be cramped up while on the water, and getting the right height is pretty important for me.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The short ones give my knees a hard time so I bought a 13 and like it just fine. Easier to get up and down in a hurry when rods get to bendin!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes slipbobber07 LIKED above post