HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How muddy is too muddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default How muddy is too muddy

I watched a video by Richard Gene,he was crappie fishing in what he called muddy water,The water he was calling muddy was what we call clear in these parts.We have pure red clay here in almost heaven,and when it rains for a couple days,I'm talking red mud water.
    Are those that say they are catching crappie in muddy water really meaning stained? I just can't fathom anyone attempting to fish in water that is so muddy the lure cannot be seen mere inches below the surface.
    As of right now,we have endured several weeks of floods,our waters are incredibly red clay mud colored,with zero visibility,would you consider fishing in this type of water condition ?

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

It's all relative to your area and to what the fish are accustomed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught them in chocolate milk a few times so it can be done

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish in pure muddy water like right now with all the rain we have had and high water. I normally use a blade lure like a RR for the sound and vibrations it gives off. You just have to adapt to the environment of what mother nature throws at you. Fish are still active and have to feed in muddy water also. Right now, this muddy water is going to hang around for a few weeks. I don’t like to fish in muddy water, but it is what it is. You can’t see your lure 2 inches deep either it’s so muddy right now.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Well-my brother and I do not seem to care whether it is windy, after a barometric high, water murky, or anything else. We are going fishing for our favorite—crappie. Take lots of colors, do not forget slabsauce, buy some minnows, do a war dance but just go fish. Life is too short to worry about the conditions. Just my thoughts...

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

You also have to know Mr Gene was on lake guntersvillie an it is a petty clear lake, not the clearest I've ever been on but that was very muddy for there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    That, is some muddy water....
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    That’s some muddy water! Proves that I can’t use that as an excuse anymore!
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Man when I was a kid we use to fish some farm ponds that were MUDdy. But they were like that all the time and those fish just adapted and it didn't seem to phase them. Fish have multiple senses...they can find your lure or bait.

Now waters swollen and muddy from rain...well,sometimes it does shut em down for a while...but sometimes it doesn't. This time of year with the warmer rain and warmer temps they will move shallow around brush or weeds. And sometimes they will put on the feed bag in those conditions. I might not plan a week long vacation trip when its like that intentionally or I might postpone one if I can. But if not heck yeah I'm going fishing and I'm gonna try and hunt them down. Put a nibble on that thing it will help them find it. PINK works good sometimes in muddy water and contrasting colors like pink and black. If I am not marking a lot of fish out from the bank I think are catchable crappie....then I'm going in after em shallow.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast