Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: north mo.

Post Thanks / Like

Default north mo.

Went to 2 different little state lakes on Sunday.Started early witht he cold front really hitting hard. Didn't do much good, two nice big Bluegills, and two ten inch Bass total. Still it was good to get out. Water was 46*-50*, just no Crappie biting. Tried deep and shallow...

Post Thanks / Like

what lakes did ya hit in n.mo? i also fish up there and have done pretty well
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

We hit Guy Park and Holler Lake. It was a pretty good front that moved thru so that really hurt it..

Post Thanks / Like

oh, yeah i fish in bethany, the waters not that warm yet, it was 36-40 caught 6 keepers (10 plus)
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Default pretty decent day

hey guys, just joined the site, i live in independence but have a couple buddies in hamilton, they went sunday to hamilton city lake and caught 22 in 6 hours, still a little slow, there are some great crappie city lakes around there. i have been reading a lot about happy holler for the last couple of years. still have'nt made it up there, is it a pretty good keeper size lake, heard there are a bunch of potato chips, thanks. look forward to talk'n with people on the site, there's plenty of crappie for everyone!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default kc baller

i was just wondering how many crappie you have on the wall cuz there are a couple of honey holes up there.:D

Post Thanks / Like

happy holler is not your best bet for Crappie. You will catch some there during spawn, and have a range in sizes. However, it get a ton of pressure since most of it isn't fishable from the bank. The part that is get hammered pretty consistently once warmer days get here. You would be better off driving a few more miles and getting to Mozingo or driving way less and hitting up Smithville.

there is some decent bass fishing at HH. I have managed to do well, but lots of dinks to sift through.
    Missouri-Fishing.com! Total Fishing Resource for Missouri Anglers!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info on happy. heard and read some great things on mozingo as well. big bluegill, crappie, and bass. i fish smithville a little, not as much as i use to. caught a lot of nice largemouths out of there the last 20 years. my buddies neighbor does a ton of bass fishing there. he caught a 7.2 and a 6.4 last week he said. thanks for the info. gonna have to plan me a trip to mozingo it sounds like!

Post Thanks / Like

When I lived in Savannah, I certainly fished Mozingo a lot. Probably one of my favorite lakes. It was close and we could catch just crappie, bluegills, bass, catfish, and even did okay on walleyes a few nights.

Here is some evidence of crappie: just shy of 4 limits in 2 hours one weekday evening last year (April 23). I think I have posted these before, but oh well.

There are also some nice cabins available on the lake:

Missouri-Fishing.com! Total Fishing Resource for Missouri Anglers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kc outdoorsman
    We hit Guy Park and Holler Lake. It was a pretty good front that moved thru so that really hurt it..
    Anybody else ever fish Guy Park? I checked it out last year but I have never fished it. I have heard that they have decent bluegill.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast