Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Barkley Lake Bumpus Mills Area

ohio kentucky south shore area on the ohio river
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Barkley Lake Bumpus Mills Area

As a young boy my father who is now past away use to take me on his crappie outtings. We fished Barkely Lake area around Honkers bay area but occassionally would fish the tenn. section of lake around Bumpus Mills. I now fish with my son and would like to take him to same area. Can any one tell me How fish in that area been thank you!!
    Pull my Finger NOT my Leg!!!

bigrockreb Guest

Hello. I live just outside of Bumpus Mills. I've not got to go much this year due to work, but it is picking up. Water will be up to summer pool around the 15th of next month and it should be just getting better by the day.. I have to leave on the 29th and won't be back until April 20, so if you want to check back with me I can give you a report then..Or as soon as I can get on the water after that!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bigrockreb. Do you know wiskers? He is a towboat man. I think he runs the cumberland. I think he is on the boat right now. He lives in possum trot ky. Anyway, I am glad to hear from someone that is from your area. I live in Nashville, tn and I fish out of Dover in the Gatlinpoint area when I can get down, but I have wanted to try the Bumpus Mills area, but haven't got over there yet. PM me if you have any info that I could use. Any help would be appreciated.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

bigrockreb Guest

pm sent

ohio kentucky south shore area on the ohio river
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bigrockreb will be in area from the 13th to the 29th should be able to find a slab or two!!! LOL:D
    Pull my Finger NOT my Leg!!!