Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First time Terrova user

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time Terrova user

Forewarning, I'm a complete amateur who fishes for fun. Most of my fishing time is spent with my four and five year olds, and occasionally my wife and our two year old as well.

Yesterday, I took my four and five year old girls out with our new Terrova. Last year I just had two anchors and the outboard. I could troll the outboard around, if it was just adults; but with the kids we would end up in a mess, so I had to anchor out with them. The Terrova was amazing. We fished all over the little 400 acre lake, where I would usually anchor over a half dozen times. We didn't lose a lure either, since I could spotlock and creep up on where they were stuck. Last year it would look like someone had sprinkled bobbers and lures all over the trees and brush. I used spot lock a lot to address snack emergencies too. The navigation heading feature was nice to troll along banks and far up a creek. The winds were fierce at the end of the day, blowing up little white caps on the small lake, and I purposely put the boat in the windest part of the lake in a small cove. I spot locked it, and the boat didn't budge, unless it I told it to shift. I crept all the way back into the cove with ease. It surprised me how much easier the Terrova made the day out on the lake. I wish I would've bought it before a fish finder.

I should mention that Brian at BBG marine gave a great deal on the Terrova and charger, and had them at my house in just a few days.
    Last edited by EWS; 02-21-2018 at 09:23 AM.
    Eric
    Likes "G", Hanr3, Slabprowler, ad1974, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have gen1 and love it.
    Glad to hear your teaching the next generation. First time Terrova user

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes EWS, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Now you can fish and relax and let the trolling motor do the work
    Likes EWS LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sinkermaker View Post
    Now you can fish and relax and let the trolling motor do the work
    No doubt. My middle daughter thinks that once we catch a fish, we must move at least 400 yards.
    Eric

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the auto pilot and have many times wished that I had bought the I-Pilot. glad you had a good time and the focus is now on the kids instead of the boat control.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes EWS LIKED above post