HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: PRE-SPAWN METHOD

Post Thanks / Like

Default PRE-SPAWN METHOD

When you guys fish spawning flats or the first break for pre-spawn crappie, what is your go to method and bait?

Post Thanks / Like

You can fish it however you prefer, but I like to long line pre and post

Sent from my Z983 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Longline with curly tail grubs and roadrunner heads until the crappie move to less than 6 feet of water then I'm going to keep a planer board with roadrunner/curlytail in their faces.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Fishhunter LIKED above post
    Thanks Kevmc thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Road Runners are my staple from ice out until May around here. I always have one tied on one of my rods. I'm referring to the marabou variety here. I don't go to action tails until they start to spawn. Another good option for us has been straight tail plastics on a jig head. Sometimes they seem to out produce everything. Carry a variety of designs and colors. Let the crappie tell you what they want to eat.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Crestliner, you are refering to casting right? Our river system is not like Lake Weiss or Guntersville here where I live. Demopolis Lake is about 1/8 mile wide with depths of 30 to 60 ft. Our creeks narrow down from that greatly. Lots of stump flats, blow downs, points and coves. I do spider rig and push but long lining I think would be out. I've never seen anybody do it here. Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm surprised nobody said jig and float.
    By the way, I have enjoyed reading you replies to other post on CDC. You have a great deal of fishing wisdom. Thank you sir for sharing it with us.
    Likes Ttexastom LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay the baptist View Post
    When you guys fish spawning flats or the first break for pre-spawn crappie, what is your go to method and bait?
    Casting jigs, same as post-spawn, summer, fall and winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay the baptist View Post
    Crestliner, you are refering to casting right? Our river system is not like Lake Weiss or Guntersville here where I live. Demopolis Lake is about 1/8 mile wide with depths of 30 to 60 ft. Our creeks narrow down from that greatly. Lots of stump flats, blow downs, points and coves. I do spider rig and push but long lining I think would be out. I've never seen anybody do it here. Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm surprised nobody said jig and float.
    By the way, I have enjoyed reading you replies to other post on CDC. You have a great deal of fishing wisdom. Thank you sir for sharing it with us.
    We cast as well as troll and side pull jigs up here. And a good portion of our fishing time is spent on the Ct. River system, as well as on a large reservoir.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    Longline with curly tail grubs and roadrunner heads until the crappie move to less than 6 feet of water then I'm going to keep a planer board with roadrunner/curlytail in their faces.
    What size rr heads do you prefer?

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I cast....be it spawn....winter.....summer or fall.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes jackie53 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a slip bobber and minnow guy 90% of the time. This year I'm adding in spider rigging.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!