Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Woods And Normandy 3-19-2007

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woods And Normandy 3-19-2007

Me And My Two Boys Hit Normandy At 9 This Morning. Strong Winds From The South Made It Miserable. Caught 13 Fish 5 Keepers. At Around 1 We Loaded Up And Headed To Woods. Wind Worse There Due To It Being Flatland All Around. Caught 48 Fish Total 3 Keepers And The Rest Were 9" Fish Period. Well Thats The "rest Of The Story" As Paul Says. Found 56 Deg Water On Normandy And 58 Deg On Woods. Good Luck And God Bless....jim

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you did pretty well considering all the wind. I like hearing about all those 9" fish -- should be a pretty good season coming later. Perhaps we'll see you out on Woods or Normandy sometime.

Cheers,
    Mike/Manchester

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woods Sunday

I went by my lonesome on Sunday from 11am to 4pm and caught easily over 100 fish...9 3/4 inches to 8 inches. Had my limit of 15 by 4 and went home. largest was 1lb 12oz. On stumps along the river channel in 9' of water. Fishing with float 7' deep with small jigs. Biting really well just small. Upper end of the lake. Drew a crowd but only saw the crowd catch 2. Guess they were not holding their mouth right!

R
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to be going by your lonesome if you can catch fish like that! Take me!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be hitting Normandy this weekend with my brother...hopefully we'll be able to boat a few keepers. Did so-so on the river today - 3 of 6 crappie were keepers and i caught 12 - 15 BIG rainbows.
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

Post Thanks / Like

After slaughtering them last week on Woods, I went Monday morning for a little while and caught lots of fish. However I only had 5 keepers. The water temp was 5 degrees cooler from last week. The fish had moved. FIREMANJIM, those 9 inch fish were good thick fish though. I caught alot that were nine to 9 and three quarters and they were still decent fish. Should be good cathing for next year. Like you said, the wind was terrible. I didnt stay long or I would have probably ended up with my limit, I just couldnt take it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Explorer

I sent you a PM:D
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

another tough day on Woods. caught lots of fish today only had 9 keepers. Wind was horrible. Lady at the store said nobody was reporting keepers.

Post Thanks / Like

Well fished Woods today think the fire is out.I got there today around 7am stayed till 1.30pm.Got 2 non keepers in the boat did have a few that got off before they got to the boat.Might go out to Priest later on this afternoon or early in the morning and see what is happening out there.
    Fished the upper part of woods right where all the boats was hanging didnt see anyone really keeping anything other than this one man and I begin to think his wasnt right size.But talked to several people out there and said they wasnt doing any good at getting any keepers.Might run back down there one day next week.We was using jigs and minnows and them Crappie Nitro things they sold me at the dock.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.