Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig tying materials

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig tying materials

Hi Guys,
    I posted this in both Newbies and Jig Tying and a couple members suggested I post also in the main forum.

Hi all,
    This is a great site, glad I found it. I'm new to the forum but have been fishing crappie and other species for 60 years in northern Wisconsin. I'm hoping I can give a pointer or two on crappie fishing sometime, but right now I have a question. For those of you who have ordered jigs from Black Lake Tackle in Louisiana , I'm wondering if anyone has some info about them. With all the jigs available in shops and on line, I still always ordered from Black Lake because I loved their jigs. Are they still in business, is Judy still tying? I know Honey Hole carries some but not the color patterns I like. I am starting to tie my own. Does anyone know what hair they used on their crappie jigs? I've tried several brands of craft fur and others but cant seem to find the same texture they used. Or maybe someone can tell me if a good quality craft fur would be just as good or better. Also, does anyone know an online site for bulk unpainted 1/32 oz jig heads with a ball collar or sometimes called a tying collar or hair collar? Can't find them anywhere. I'd like to start tying this weekend.
    Thanks for any info you can share. I'm off now to go ice fishing; 24 inches of ice up here! Tight lines everyone!
    Frankenauger

P.S. I love the rules of this site!
    My rules: Take a kid fishing; leave the landing, shoreline and water cleaner than how you found it; don't take more than you can use.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

PM Litewirehooker, a member here. He will build you anything you want. Or his phone #is 478-308-9505.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help you on material but I get all my jig heads off ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app