HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dock shooting rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dock shooting rod

Well I broke my wally marshal 7fter,signature series and need to buy another rod.Just looking for recommendations, what do you use and like,thanks

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

ESP 6'6" PowerLite rod (and it also comes in 6' & 7') The 6' version does not have a split handle, so it's the same length beyond the front of the handle as the 6'6" version. Very fast action tip - very light weight - micro guides - graphite Tenn style handle w/rings - very sensitive - high modulus graphite blank - blank goes thru the graphite handle and has metallic rings on it that transmit vibrations thru the handle. This rod is not only my #1 dock shooter rod, but is also my primary jig casting rod. The micro guides are not user friendly with slip float stops ... but I don't use slip floats when shooting docks (or casting, for that matter).

Yes, I "was" a field tester for ESP ... No, I'm not sponsored by or affiliated with ESP or Norsemen Outdoors. ESP rods are listed cheaper on the Grizzly Jig website than on the Norsemen Outdoors website.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like my BnM Sharpshooter 6. Following this will be many different suggestions. My advice would be physically handle several to determine what best suits you.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a couple of Southern Crappie 6' spinning rods, and last weekend I put them in the hands of some friends and we shot targets in the brush as you would shoot docks and they worked very well. A one piece rod works best for this and they helped Alex and Jackie have a real good day.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For me the best feeling rod for shooting is the pro angler rod .I have tried several but none like this one plenty back bone and you can still feel the thump on the fall!

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall SpeedShooter in 7'. Good backbone (power) and fast action.
    Likes dedawg1149, Roy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabprowler View Post
    For me the best feeling rod for shooting is the pro angler rod .I have tried several but none like this one plenty back bone and you can still feel the thump on the fall!
    Pro Angler makes great rods and they are also great to deal with.
    I have quite a few of them and they are tough rods.
    I ordered a 5'5" for docks and it arrived with the carton damaged.
    When i opened it the very tip was broken off where the rod joins the tip.
    I called and was told to send a few pictures by email, but meanwhile they would send another rod and a new tip for the other which i could also keep. The rod and tip arrived before i sent the email.
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Check out new rod builder in Illinois. ACC rods. Coming on strong. Was a guide and from there started to build his own requirements for crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

B’n’M Sharpshooter or Wally Marshall Speedshooter. These rods are made with the specific action for shooting docks. I have both and you can’t go wrong with either one!

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

WALLY MARSHALL 7 FT WMPSS7OML
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes Roy LIKED above post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast