Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Scent

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Scent

Iv always read post and conversations about crappie and scent. I'm a firm believer that scent makes a difference where crappie are concerned. Not so much in the spring as they are A hungry and B territorial. The rest of the year I think it is well worth the time to scent a bait be it a spray or nibble or what have you. The thing I'm wondering is this, since the manufactures are making this easy for us, Most bait company's are providing a zip lock package to keep baits fresh.
    Does anyone put scent in the package to let the baits marinate so to speak? I'm going to try it. I just sprayed some Power Bait scent in a package of Strike King Jokers. Sealed it up and well I bet they will be taking a number to grab my Blue Shimmer Joker. Stay tuned.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain
    Likes gravelman6 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I do that a lot, The night before I go fishing, I marinade a few of my go to baits. It does help.
    Likes barrelslime LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have not added scent before getting on the water but it is an interesting idea. I will try before next trip.
    Thanks
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have a retirement plan...FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Try garlic salt.
    Fish hard live hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Im a nibble user but that's a good idea soaking some of that liquid scent in the bags and sounds like it should work.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that we can usually out fish live minnows makes me feel like we can do without the trouble of scents, and just work on our presentation. I know I am a little weird, but that's how I think.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    Likes Crestliner08, bandchaser LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have soaked Trout Magnets in anise oil. It seems effective but a little of that oil in the pouch goes a long way.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle rod View Post
    The fact that we can usually out fish live minnows makes me feel like we can do without the trouble of scents, and just work on our presentation. I know I am a little weird, but that's how I think.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    https://youtu.be/PrWWMUcsMLw
    I can't find the whole episode but if you can watch it I think you will change your mind
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain