HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass Tracker Heritage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Tracker Heritage

What’s your opinion of this boat?? I know there’s a lot of Tracker haters out there but seems like a lot of boat for the price. I have been thinking of getting one but just not sure of the quality but price sure looks good. Just wanted to see others opinion of this package.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know bout the haters but I had a 16.5 foot 2001 Tracker just like it came off the showroom until I swapped out to a bigger motor. Never leaked a drop, same on board charger, same everything 17 years later. What's to hate about that?
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Don't know bout the haters but I had a 16.5 foot 2001 Tracker just like it came off the showroom until I swapped out to a bigger motor. Never leaked a drop, same on board charger, same everything 17 years later. What's to hate about that?

Nothing going wrong REQUIRING you to need a NEW boat??
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought a lot of boat for the price. I believe prices on new boats have gotten outrageous, but the heritage seems like a good price to me. I like the open, simple floor plan. If it came in a bigger version, closer to 18', 54-60" bottom, width, priced accordingly, I would have to look into it. I kinda like the brown seats and carpet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new Bass Tracker in 1984....fished it for 22 years....It was a good boat.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Boatpaddle LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

All boats like auto/truck must fit your style of use and pocket book . Usually a good question to ask is of the ones that has one if they would buy again ? I helped rebuild a tracker that was not properly cared for and it was a mess but if a person jumps logs and changes oil every 10 yrs. nothing holds up . lol wood is my only drawback with most but proper care will eliminate that . They are now using a composite wood that is suppose to not absorb water . The weight might be an issue, but not sure . Fish are subject to be caught from them for sure and that is " the main thing ".
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just guess it is a copy of the original, only built with more modern materials and technology. If that price is what your budget dictates I'd say you couldn't go wrong on a brand new boat. Like G said his and many others lasted for years and years. Plenty of fish caught out of them.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes "G", Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of one when they first came out it’s the same boat can’t believe it’s been 40 years though with modern up grades, they don’t know how many they will make so don’t wait too long to decide takes 3to 4 weeks to get one to your BPS

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's a basic Mod-V jon hull. Tough, light, and a good layout, but the ride will not be very good because of the low dead rise.

I also thought that it is a pretty good value, and it's got a decent sized motor on the back, many Trackers come underpowered.

Post Thanks / Like

The Clarksville, Indiana BPS had one one the floor. It looked like a $10k boat, which is cheap for a new boat. There isn't much storage, unless you use the live well for that. Build quality wasn't good even for Tracker. My impression was it was a mod v Jon someone had built out in their garage. That being said you can't beat it for $10k, especially given it is all new and under warranty. If that was my budget, I would buy one.
    Eric

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast