Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Side Pulling TM Mount

Post Thanks / Like

Default Side Pulling TM Mount

We are picking up a MK-40 TM to use on both Walt's stick steer Tracker and our small 12' boat. Like to have it relatively easy to switch from one to the other, with the main purpose being use for side pulling on both boats. The bench along the lip of the tubular gunnel, and the exterior hull angle, present some engineering challenges, which I hope some of you folks might be able to help us out with. Prefer to manufacture something vs. a purchased product, but we open to anything at this point.

Here are a couple of pictures of the port side of the tracker that we want to make a small, temporary mount on which to place the TM. Now, understand, this "bench" (for lack of a better word?) is also where rods are stored while trailering. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a couple of shots of the port side that we want to mount the TM on. I'm guessing to the front of the rod holder at this point, but that's open for debate. Here's what she looks like:

A shot from the bow:

Name:  Walts_Port_Side_1.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  100.2 KB

A shot from the starboard side:

Name:  Port_Side_2.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  84.1 KB

I'm not even sure what to make it out of, but I'm assuming a wooden platform extending over the bench (and rod storage) and affixed to the inboard side of this bench. Again, we are open for any thoughts and/or suggestions. Thanks muchly guys!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

should not be hard,get a piece of wide aluminum angle iron and attach it to gunwall and attach a 2 by 4 to angle iron,then set motor bracket to it
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Brad Whitehead at 256-484-0834 he can help you out.