PDA

View Full Version : Shimano spirex vs syncopate

EWS
02-15-2018, 07:18 PM
Anyone used both the Shimano spirex and syncopate?

I have only used the Spirex. One I bought last year has a very slight, but noticeable and annoying "catch" upon retrieve. I find it slightly ironic, given one I had since the early 90s was still serviceable, when some stole a 20+ year old reel.

This makes me wonder is the Spirex really worth the cost of two Syncopates? Opinions?

Alphahawk
02-15-2018, 08:22 PM
That catch is most likely from a plastic bushing that has plagued certain Shimano reels off and on for years. Can’t compare one reel to the other as I have never used either. You have to get up in the higher end Shimano’s to get a reel that does not have those bushings in the Shimano line. Wish I could be of more help.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

ricky
02-19-2018, 03:09 PM
I have 2 Syncopates, noticed a few times the retrieve was not so smooth. Did some research and found people had issues with bushings when wet. Took off spool and oiled and after a while they would smooth out. I know fishing is wet environment but have served me well for "cheap" reels.