Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Georgia Boy

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Georgia Boy

Hello Georgia Boy, It does my heart good to see a young person enjoy life the way you do.You have a professional full time job, Yet you are dedicated to fishing and spend as much time as possible in being the best angler you can be.I believe you have what it takes to be a professional angler and I would like to see you pick up some professional backing and turn pro. I am not blowing smoke, I mean what I say and I hope I will be around in a few years to say I told you so! Let us know how you do , Thanks for sharing. Everyone that post on this site has something to share, We learn from each other as well as from fishing. So everyone keep sharing and the only dumb question is the one we don't ask!Thanks to ALL that post on this board. Good fishing to all! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!!

Hey Jimmy -

I sure do appreciate the tremendous compliment....I do truly love to fish....my father-in-law really turned me on to crappie fishing....before that I used to live up north and fish mostly for trout and bass...but, fishing has always been a passion of mine.

My partner and I have really decided to make this fishing tournaments thing a bit more serious since we have done decent so far.....and we enjoy it sooo much.

And I sure do try to have a great time doing whatever it is that I can.....but, mostly I look forward to each and every fishing trip I can put together.....

My full-time job does tend to get in the way of my fishing trips, but at this point that is what I have to do in order to make sure all the ends meet.

But - That sure is a great compliment and I appreciate it!!

I have had so many GREAT teachers along the way, I hope to be one for somebody else in return.

Thanks a bunch!
    - GABoy
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    Hey Jimmy -

But - That sure is a great compliment and I appreciate it!!

I have had so many GREAT teachers along the way, I hope to be one for somebody else in return.

Thanks a bunch!
    - GABoy
    I am learning to troll. hint hint. I live around west point, lake martin, and lake george.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

My partner and I are actually headed out to West Point this upcoming weekend.

We are getting together on Thursday night to decide where to start fishing.....are you heading out on Saturday morning?

The first thing IMO that I would do if you haven't already done so if make sure all your rods are consistent......(i.e. if you like 4lb test use it on all your rods.....that way you can at least rule out that variable if you are having trouble getting your bait in the right ballpark depth)

Since 6lb, 8lb, etc. will have a different buoyancy than 4lb, you need to stay consistent so you can continuously get your bait back at the depth you intent to.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>