Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Quick Release Bracket ????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Release Bracket ????

I am thinking of getting a MK PD2 for trolling etc. I still want to be able to use my traditional motor from time to time. My question is what are you guys using for quick release brackets? Any pros and cons appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the "puck" style, sorry I don't know the proper name. I bolt a plastic plate (puck) to both my fishing boat and pontoon, a bracket to my MK Terrova. My neighbor uses same style on his MK Powerdrive.
    Easy on and off, can be locked, and the "puck" that remains all the time is not in the way, barely noticeable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lane47 View Post
    I like the "puck" style, sorry I don't know the proper name. I bolt a plastic plate (puck) to both my fishing boat and pontoon, a bracket to my MK Terrova. My neighbor uses same style on his MK Powerdrive.
    Easy on and off, can be locked, and the "puck" that remains all the time is not in the way, barely noticeable.
    That’s what I use as well. Easy on and off for duck season. Have a quick connect for my power wires too, so I can have my trolling motor back on the boat in around a minute and a half. Worth every penny for a dual purpose boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have the quick release bracket. It came with the boat. I took the trolling motor off twice in three years. Once to store the boat for winter and once to replace Trolling Motor with an upgrade.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The minn Kota bracket will work for what you want