Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnkota Ultrex pros/cons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnkota Ultrex pros/cons

Anyone willing to share their thoughts? I've heard and read some of the features the Ultrex does. I'm just curious about the negatives. Other than spot lock feature, it's just an expensive Fortrex. I'm in the market for a new TM and have narrowed my choices down to the Fortrex and Ultrex. I'm leaning towards the Fortrex, due to better deals. Have seen new Fortrex for $600.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Ultrex the only problem I have with it I don't get to use it enough. Worth the money in my book. I have a fortrex also on another boat and I love it too but if I had to pick one I would pick the Ultrex. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultrex head and shoulders above.
    Fish hard live hard.

Post Thanks / Like

I just took a Fortrex off my boat and added an Ultrex. The Ultrex is 10 times easier to control with the foot pedal than the Fortrex. I was shocked. It will be a dream to operate later this spring when I'm jig fishing. For spider rigging, it is unbelievable. Cruise control to keep your speed constant, anchor to hold you in one spot, autopilot to keep you on a particular line, etc. I will not be without an Ultrex (or whatever takes its place) ever again.

Post Thanks / Like

Next to a FF the ultrex is the best thing ever for a boat. I replaced my fortrex with ultrex best move I have made in a long time as for as fishing goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Saying an Ultrex is just an expensive Fortrex is like saying a Motorcycle is just an expensive bicycle. With the Ultrex you have I pilot, remote control, US2, bluetooth wireless and link capability, not to mention yes spot lock as well as the cable steer foot control with electric assist.
    Likes bandchaser LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a lot more than just an expensive fortrex. If you troll at all, the iPilot features are worth their weight in gold IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Have had both. Ultrex with no hesitation even at the high cost. Well worth it in my opinion.
    Crappie Time

Post Thanks / Like

as already said by many,no camparison,right now ultrex is in a class of it's own.i don't go first class very often but ultrex is first class
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an apples to oranges comparison. As already said, many options with the ultrex make it a winner, but maybe not for everyone. An option would be to set up a quick change removable bracket and keep the option of the cable steer just in case.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast