HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Used vehicles, normal (acceptable) mileage?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Used vehicles, normal (acceptable) mileage?

I'm dreaming, browsing at used vehicles.
    Seeing 5 - 10 year old trucks and SUV, 80 - 100,000 + miles, $20-$25,000.
    Is this the norm? Have vehicles gotten that much better? Or just more expensive?
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

More expensive.
    Some things have gotten better, like gas mileage, engine durability. Safety features raised the cost. Trim packages raise the cost. Brand new chevy 3/4 ton goes anywhere from 40k to 70k. Depends on options.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep you can buy a new truck for what a low mileage one will go for. Used cars whent up after hurricane Katrina and the cash for clunkers thing and never came down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

When I started driving in the early 70s, a car or truck with 100K miles was worn out, many rusted down. Today a car or truck with 100K miles will typically have years of good, serviceable miles left. MY 2007 F-150 FX4 has almost 170K and I would start it and drive it across the country pulling a heavy load any time.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Gindog, Northforker, 4lber, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Mrdux you are correct. Better gas mileage to. A 1970s truck had less than 200hp to now most are of 300hp and will pull way more

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks TJReams thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Most gas engines today have about 150,000 miles before major service work is needed. Diesels are close to 300k. Truck engines.

HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all! Now I need to get past the mental block I have with this .
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

If you stay up on maintenance you can get double those mileages no problem. It's all the sensors and other body related issues that nickel and dime you to death. Or rather 100$ and $200 you to death.

HOI Crappie Club

Likes dusty_allen, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I can also remember having enough room under the hood to climb in and sit next to the engine and do work. I put a new battery on my wife's 2011 Nissan Murano last week and had to take the breather off just to get to the battery. Took twice as long and too many bolts to lose. In July I bought a used 2017 Dodge Ram Rebel that someone returned after driving for 400 miles. I really wasn't needing or wanting to buy a truck, but had a boy who needed a vehicle. I traded my 2013 GMC Sierra (bought new in Benton) and the dealership sold it to my boy for exactly the same price I got for the trade in. It had 60,000 miles on it when I traded and I got $23,000 on the trade and saved about $15,000 off the sticker for the 400 miles. I'm not too bright, but I felt like I got a pretty good deal. Never owned a Ram, but its the best truck I've ever driven. I think the used trucks are WAY overpriced, but evidently people will pay that much for something with 100,000+ miles. I will go back to David Taylor's in Murray next time I'm in the market. They were not pushy during the sale and customer service after has been good. Doug, they might have one that matches your new boat.
    If you were on trial for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you??

Former Navy Corpsman

Post Thanks / Like

Good find.
    Some car batteries have to be replaced through the wheel well. My Traverse has the battery in the floor behind the front passengers seat, access panel and there she is. Simple and easy to replace.

HOI Crappie Club

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast