HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aqua View camera

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aqua View camera

Kentucky Lake, and other similar river empoundment lakes, how well does a camera work at 10 to 25 foot depth?
    Yes, cabin fever has fully sit in!
    watched a YouTube video where they used a camera to identify and fish for crappie. Price is now at $200, any users care to report?
    Thanks scrat thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used mine on KY to learn more about what I was seeing on side scan. Worked well for that other than trying to drive the boat and guide the camera at the same time. You could see 3 or 4 feet in front of the camera at times. If water had color to it you would be down to about 1' of visibility. Good for looking at structure but not so much to just look at fish.
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegilln View Post
    I used mine on KY to learn more about what I was seeing on side scan. Worked well for that other than trying to drive the boat and guide the camera at the same time. You could see 3 or 4 feet in front of the camera at times. If water had color to it you would be down to about 1' of visibility. Good for looking at structure but not so much to just look at fish.
    Thanks, plus thanks for format that I didn't include. Your best view of 3-4 feet, and 1 foot at worst water condition.
    its value then, confirming that what I think is a stump, is actually a stake bed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks as I had also wondered about this myself.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I had the Aqua View a few years ago and used it until it played out. It works best when your lake gets clear as possible. Not so much in stained water. Ideal water depth for my lake was 25 feet or less. More than that light penetration is greatly reduced. Its not going to lead to earth shattering revelation but I enjoyed mine enough that I finally broke down and bought a Marcum underway camera.

Post Thanks / Like

I went out about 3 1/2 weeks ago on Gaston Lake NC. Saw tons upon tons of bait near the dam with large fish marks about 10 feet above the bait. Fish marks were average 50 feet deep. Figured they were Blue cats so just for the heck of it I dropped my camera down with all 50 feet of cord. Had my IR lights on. Water was black as night at that depth but low and behold I almost crapped my pants when a Blue cat stuck his face right in my camera. So their not perfect but they can be fun.