Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Brookies all day long.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brookies all day long.

Had a great day on the Caney Fork River. At the end of 6 hours of fishing my buddy Larry and I caught well over 200 brook trout....many at the 13 inch mark. Evidence of a shad kill is going on. Water temps were 44 degrees......which is cold for the Caney. Water output was 8,140 CFS. My rod today was the Tict Ice Cube Rockin’ Drift 6’ 9” Mebaru UL. Reel was a Daiwa Certate 2004CH spooled with SOS 2# test line.....had a 2 foot section of 2# test Phantom fluorocarbon leader. I used the 4mm tungsten Boogie Ball jig head which has a # 10 hook. We used a Bison.....Purple Redemption.......and Millie colored Trout Magnet today. The Millie caught most of the fish. Method of catching was “Twitching”. Many were hitting it on the fall. The Brookies have been eating well....and yes they were “Diggin”! It was another beautiful day. Life is good!

Regards

Name:  IMG_0941.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  193.9 KBName:  IMG_0937.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  207.3 KBName:  IMG_0936.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  226.9 KBName:  IMG_0934.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  200.8 KBName:  IMG_0933.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  165.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes ET Fish, kycreek, Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Heck of a good day for sure! I’m coming in the next few weeks!

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a great day! Congrats! Glad to see them eating well and growing good! hopefully another record will come off that batch they are almost to the protected range ! Maybe they will make it thru the spring!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabprowler View Post
    That’s a great day! Congrats! Glad to see them eating well and growing good! hopefully another record will come off that batch they are almost to the protected range ! Maybe they will make it thru the spring!
    They’ll make it fine if those 50 pound stripers don’t eat them all....LOL. With all the rain we are getting the generators will be going nonstop for weeks......and the stripers will be up there thick as thieves. If the water doesn’t get muddy coming in from the lake....but I am sure it will......I’ll be back up there.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Used to fish for them in a small beaver pond up behind Lakeside, Montana. Lot of them and a wall hanger was 8"! Lot of fun though and great eating.