HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a professional fisherman ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are you a professional fisherman ?

So here we go , I am on my lunch break and down at a spot that's popular on a creek . Trucks lined up forever and I say oh my I do think there is a bite today . I watch 3 fellas head toward my favorite location and sigh ....they go kinda fast down the path ....and then ....walk right by one of the best spots on the creek ?
    I know it aint right but I snickered a bit and hoofed it that way with a chuckle and rod ready to put it on the fish I was sure were ready to get ripped up . So here we go first pitch , twitch float GONE ! Second pitch one twitch float GONE ! Third pitch one twitch float GONE ! After about a dozen in a row and its like I cant do anything wrong I notice an old boy across the creek spying on me .I pay no never mind though and keep up with the blasting them . He inches down the bank a couple of feet every fish . I am still pounding them at around 25 or more in a row and have not lost a fish or missed a fish yet ......
    Its like some kind of ridiculous on fire , and I mean like call the fire department on fire and I aint kidding around . Next thing you know I hear foot steps behind me and here comes my spy
    He seems nice and is just watching from about 10 feet away and I pay him very little attention other than hello when he first walked up . Then he engages conversation and asks me "are you a professional fisherman" ?
    I said no sir I just love ketchn fish and continue the onslaught on them lips as we chat , just snapping photos ripping lips and tossing back nice ones .....then he asks me if I eat fish as he cranes his head to see my set up and I say yep and I am having some for dinner tonight btw....but I couldn't possibly eat all I ketch and this is just for fun .
    Then when he says he hasn't had a single bite all day I said you want a bait ? you need a jig ? and he sheepishly says ok and I give what the lucky ticket seems to be ...then he says he has never seen a jig so small or a float so small and I said here is a float and show him my rig up close and say duplicate this exactly .
    Poor thing cant get bit even after I helped him duplicate the set up and I even tried to ketch one with his rig and cant get bit with it either ? The only difference I could see was he had braid and I am thinking they could either see the line or it had a odor absorbed in it they didn't like ?
    Then he says after I toss back a nice toad "my wife expects me to bring home fish for dinner"
    I said you know what brother if you have a stringer I could put some on it and he aint got one ...so I said well we could put them on a stick I suppose and we cut him a stick ....after he had 5 real nice ones he went on his way and I went on to finish my episode of daily lip rip .....stopped at 66 crappie in an hour and 15 and the last fish number 67 was a sand bass and ruined it for me so I left .........
    stay tuned and have a great day ...
    and NO I aint a professional fisherman
    but .... sometimes I am the KABOOM ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks jackie53 thanked you for this post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pics! Thanks for sharing ! That had to be an awesome !and you made him and his wife’s day!

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Good story.

Post Thanks / Like

As I've always said, Crappie.com members are the best. Thanks for sharing, and not just your story! lol
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes Redge, Beavz, Red190 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent read and pics! I ain’t never been accused of being a pro!

Post Thanks / Like

Great story! I would have said when he asked if u were a pro, son I go by many names but Big Daddy is by far my favorite
    Seems everyone these days are selling dreams, I'm just to cheap to buy one!

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ketchn .you are Proficient at you game of crappie fishn. YOU ARE A PRO!!Enjoyed the post.Keep on ketchn KABOOM!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I know why the crappie bit so well. They just wanted their picture taken.:rolleyes: You may not be a pro but you are a crappie's worst nightmare.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Great lesson for the guy. I hope he "listened" and took to heart what you told him. Great report!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast