Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Seaark Big Easy or Big 200

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seaark Big Easy or Big 200

I'm looking at getting a new boat within the next year and was wondering if anyone fishes out of the Seaark big easy or easy 200. If you do how well do you like it? Does it have the wind very well? I'm consider buying one because of the family friendly layout and capabilities. I mainly spider rig and vertical jig stump fields so that's why I'm wanting to go with aluminum for the tougher hull but worry about the wind blowing the boat around easily. Thanks for your help

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

High sides and light boats do catch wind. I don't have any experience in a 20', but my 16' had high sides and sent me home more than once. The biggest issue was the trolling motor. Mine wasn't "smart" or big enough. My input is to buy the biggest TM you can stand and series 31 batteries to power it. The spot lock feature will keep you fishing a bit longer, as will the I-Pilot making the corrections while trolling.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes BAMA S, fiveeyes LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a guy who has the 200 catfish boat and he loves it. I think it would make a perfect crappie boat for spider rigging, longlining or pulling cranks. Maybe not the best choice for strictly single pole fishing. To me the big question would be how much time would it be used as a family outing boat compared to fishing. If you spend a lot of time with family swimming,saying, tubing and that sort of thing then big easy would probably suit you better. Either one is going to be a lot of boat to handle even with large trolling motor for fishing stumps and such.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 240 pro cat and love it. I use it on the big 4 and even in the wind it does alright. It does blow around more than a glass boat but I wouldn't trade it. My son who fishes with me a lot is thinking about getting a big easy because he has 3 small kids and it would be a combo boat for him. Hope this helps.