Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bait Pump

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bait Pump

Does anyone know if you currently can get a bait pump? I have one, think it is a very useful tool to have for crappie fishing, but went to the website and everything is about 7-10 years old. I'm looking to find it to suggest others getting it, but want to know it's available before suggesting it to them. If it is not available any longer is there something else on the market? I know you can get a turkey injector and soften up the paste with oil, but wanted something without going through all that hassle. Thank for any help.
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You might ask over on the LA board...some of those guys know the owner and they can probably tell you.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes revitup LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by revitup View Post
    Does anyone know if you currently can get a bait pump?. If it is not available any longer is there something else on the market? I know you can get a turkey injector and soften up the paste with oil, but wanted something without going through all that hassle. Thank for any help.
    I wouldn't bother with a "turkey injector" when you can use a oral medication syringe and do pretty much the same thing as a Bait Pump, and no need for any lubrication. And I've heard that you may be able to get a oral med syringe from your local Pharmacy, for free. I did a test to see if it would work, and it did.

Name:  2007_0331cn-os-test0006.JPG
Views: 1057
Size:  28.2 KB
    Likes revitup, Fishhunter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I wouldn't bother with a "turkey injector" when you can use a oral medication syringe and do pretty much the same thing as a Bait Pump, and no need for any lubrication. And I've heard that you may be able to get a oral med syringe from your local Pharmacy, for free. I did a test to see if it would work, and it did.

Name:  2007_0331cn-os-test0006.JPG
Views: 1057
Size:  28.2 KB
    Thanks CrappiePappy. Did you add something to the nibbles to change the consistency or were you able to push it through without adding anything?
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-08-2018 at 12:55 PM. Reason: name spelling correction

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by revitup View Post
    Thanks CrappiePappy. Did you add something to the nibbles to change the consistency or were you able to push it through without adding anything?
    No additions necessary or used. That bottle had fresh product, so the Nibbles were still relatively soft & pliable. It does take a bit of effort to extrude the product from a 5ml oral syringe, but I never bothered to test a larger sized syringe to see if the same amount of pressure was needed ... or more, or less. I had proved my theory and made my point. My "point", at that time, was that the Nibbles could be extruded into the hollow of a tube ... with one hand .... while allowing the other hand to hold the tube. Some were complaining that the Bait Pump required holding the tube on the nozzle end of the pump with one hand, while using the other hand to turn the base, and that seemed cumbersome. They wanted to put the tube on the nozzle and use both hands to manipulate the pump (which the advertising pictures seems to indicate how it is meant to be done). But, the biggest complaint was the price of $20 (at that time).

The only down side to the oral med syringe (even with the cap on the nozzle) is that the Nibbles paste inside will dry out, if left in the syringe for several months ... so you do have to remove the compressed glob & clean the syringe if not in use for extended periods. Or else you can pitch the syringe & start over with a new one.
    The only down side to the Bait Pump was the tendency of the nozzle to break off, should the pump be dropped. If I remember correctly, the makers of the pump initially replaced them, but then had to raise the price to $25 to recoup their losses. Something along those lines, anyway.
    Likes kyrich LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out also.

Pick Pocket Pump at Simply Crappie

Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    That would work .... but, again I ask why would you pay $7.00 for something that's basically the same thing as the Oral Medication Syringe, which is potentially free for the asking ??
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Not what we are talking about !!

This is the "Bait Pump" in this discussion : THE BAIT PUMP - SOFT BAIT INJECTION SYSTEM ! FOR CRAPPIE FISHING AND BASS FISHING
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast