Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wappapello guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default wappapello guys

how are you guys that are reelin them in fishing? are ya just throwing out small jigs and reeling in, or are you vertical jigging under a bobber, or using minnows???

also, i have never put my boat in this lake but i have lived close my whole life. where is the crappie locations in this lake.. do i go T hwy to the damn or go up 67 to right before greenville where do i go to get to the crappie????
    highlife... the krystal of all beers

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen crappie caught throughout all areas of the lake. Some good areas I would look at would be the river channel in the main portion of the lake, lost creek, and chaonia landing area. The best tip I can say is to take a trip to the USACE project office and get a map of the lake, and they'll point you in the right direction.

As far as ways of catching fish all of the things you listed above work. It all depends on what the fish want that particular day, but what really makes a difference is which way you hold your tongue while fishing:rolleyes:

Just be extremely careful during the winter pool months. There is a lot of shallow flats and stumps galore in that lake. To get accurate updated lake information you can call 1-877-lakeinfo or visit their website at

http://www.mvs.usace.army.mil/Wappapello/

They also have brushpile maps linked on the website for more accurate fishing locations.

Now go getcha some crappie

-rascal
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

rascal pretty much took care of everything. i too can't put enough emphasis on taking your time and being careful on that lake, especially this time of year. as far as the fishing goes, the marked brush piles would be the easiest way to initially catch fish and like rascal said they have a map of those on their website. if you like to tightline, hit the river & creek channel bends and irregularities from 6 to 12 ft. if you like to fish the bank, give it two weeks with some decent weather. also, IMO jigs are the only way to go on wapp. Too many small fish to be using minnows. good luck and let us know how you do.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"