Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info on GA Lakes

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Info on GA Lakes

Looking for a lake in Southern GA or FL that would be good for crappie this week-end and next week. Any help would be appreciated. We will also need info on lodging....Thanks
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

You will not be able to get lodging down at Lake Talquin in FL, because there is a CrappieUSA tournament on 2/5 at that lake....

Just as any FYI, one not to head to.

As far as one to head to....I am not all that familiar with the southern GA lakes...I am in middle GA, so it depends how far up you want to head really....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Don G. Georgia Lakes

Helo Don G, Welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com. I am in Savannah on the south east coast and can't help you on southern Georgia and north Fla. But Drill Instructer has been catching some quality crappie at Clarks Hill in central Georgia[ See his post on Clarks Hill] I am sure he will be happy to share some info. with you and put you on some good fish.Wish I could help you more. Good luck. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

I have read some good reports from the Bob Bass threads in regard to Seminole in the southwest corner of the state. But as far as how to fish it.....I have not a clue. Very different lake. EVERYTHING looks fishy. I have been putting in some time on Blackshear near Cordele, and have not done so well. But they are there. There are a few people on this board that could chime in on Blackshear and give you some quality info. I will be fishing Blackshear this Sunday and will be sure to post a report Sunday night.

Post Thanks / Like

I say if at all possible come a little further north and try Oconee or Sinclair....my preference would be Oconee....maybe catch a few less fish, but way better quality.....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

If you decide on Oconee or Sinclair let me know and maybe we can talk before then and get you in a good spot to catch some fish.
    ><)))*>

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I really appreciate

all the info. We really like dock fishing better than trolling so if any of the mentioned lakes have a lot of docks we would like to know.

GA Boy, We are not hung up on South GA or FL just trying to find better weather than here in VA.lol.. I'm going to look Sinclair & Oconee up on the map.

Thanks again
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    all the info. We really like dock fishing better than trolling so if any of the mentioned lakes have a lot of docks we would like to know.

GA Boy, We are not hung up on South GA or FL just trying to find better weather than here in VA.lol.. I'm going to look Sinclair & Oconee up on the map.

Thanks again
    Lots of docks on Blackshear. Not sure about the others.

Post Thanks / Like

Sinclair is the only place I will go dock fishing since there are hundreds of them in such a small area.....

GREAT LAKE for dock-fishing......you will not be at a shortage for docks to fish at...
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

The docks on Clarks Hill are few and far between......You can find some bunched together, but not a lake to fish at as far as docks go. Still have quite a few slabs though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast