HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twister Tails

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twister Tails

Decided to try twister tails this year and trying to decide on make and size. I am leaning towards MrTwister tails 2" size. Any opinions about these tails? Thanks, Pop
    Likes #1panhandler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

One of the very best crappie fishing days I ever had was fishing white 2" Mister Twister jigs in clear water of a lake in northeast PA. Don't remember the name of the lake (near Beach Lake), but we parked over a sunken tree and could see the school below. Must have caught and released a hundred good crappie that day. Haven't done a lot of crappie fishing in recent years, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Twisters would still work great for crappie.
    Likes Techno2000, chimneyman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Been fishing "twister tails" for more than 40 years now. I've caught everything on them from crappie to pike. One of the best artificiials to come down the pike. Still effective today. Select your make by trial & error; that is, buy a small bag and try them to see which has the best tail action at the slowest speed. That's the ticket, right there. They will all catch fish, but if you find one that you can truly "slow roll" and still has a good tail action, you're golden.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes Techno2000, callmecamo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Been fishing "twister tails" for more than 40 years now. I've caught everything on them from crappie to pike. One of the best artificiials to come down the pike. Still effective today. Select your make by trial & error; that is, buy a small bag and try them to see which has the best tail action at the slowest speed. That's the ticket, right there. They will all catch fish, but if you find one that you can truly "slow roll" and still has a good tail action, you're golden.
    Are you fishing 2" tails? Thanks, Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketcage View Post
    One of the very best crappie fishing days I ever had was fishing white 2" Mister Twister jigs in clear water of a lake in northeast PA. Don't remember the name of the lake (near Beach Lake), but we parked over a sunken tree and could see the school below. Must have caught and released a hundred good crappie that day. Haven't done a lot of crappie fishing in recent years, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Twisters would still work great for crappie.
    I live in NE Pennsylvania, so that's good to hear. Thanks for the info. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I use southern pro hot grubs in 2 inch. Any kind of color combo's you can imagine. They also are sold in bigger packs at a good price. Monk's crappie on here has them as well as grizzly jig's. Have been using for years. Mr twister is also good.
    Likes skeetbum, KnightShadow10 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pop View Post
    Decided to try twister tails this year and trying to decide on make and size. I am leaning towards MrTwister tails 2" size. Any opinions about these tails? Thanks, Pop
    Don't use twister tails/curly tails very much (ie "rarely ever") ... but, if I wanted to start using them, I would try the Slab-a-nator Jigs Slab Twisters: http://www.crappie.com/crappie/-memb...-crappie-jigs/ ... because I'm already using the Hot Rod (carrot shape) and Shad (stinger shad shape) and Deuces Wild (twin dongle tail shape) with much success.

Post Thanks / Like

Snakeriver........any colors you want, @ a fair price. Bob's Jigs.
    Living by Faith and feel no alarm!
    Acts 2:38

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All the twister tails will catch fish if you got them in the color they want that day. I always have twister tails in my spread.

Post Thanks / Like

Tails are as addictive as buying crankbaits.

I have had a preference of Big Bite for a number of years. Now, I only use theirs in a few select favorite combos for different lakes.

I prefer to purchase the majority of my stuff for crappie from site supports of crappie dot com. Lots of great guys that work really hard to produce cool products

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast